Think about this! All the signs of the last days from Matt.24. That jw's point to,  happened in the 1st half of the last century!

by nowwhat? 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is no question or doubt that the WTS was and still is a fear mongering apocalyptic religious publishing house.

It has exploited people's ignorance , fear and insecurities .

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

That is a point well taken. The Amish are still in horse drawn buggies. Imagine if JW's were to be known for revering a series of conventions in the 1920's as fulfillment of Revelation! What if people found out that they built a house in San Diego for Abraham and his buddies? Credibility out the window my friends. ...and don't forget that aluminum is from the Devil.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It took me too long to figure out that what I thought was a Bible prophecy was in fact the speculation of men...no more.

Matt. 15. 9

" it is in vain they keep worshiping me for they teach commands of men as doctrines"

• steve2
    steve2

As a teenager, I was utterly convinced that the world would not last much beyond 1975. I would have been incredulous that the old system would still here at the turn of the century. And here we are well into 2018.

Strength of conviction has no bearing whatsoever with accuracy of conviction.

Each generation believes it is standing on the cliff of something incredibly momentous. Then we die off and the next generation confidently makes its predictions, stepping into the old and disused prophet's shoes and on and on and on and on it goes.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

All you have to do is ask yourselves when would you rather be alive, around 1914 or during the Black Plague or maybe when the mongals were ravaging the world or many other times when the world was way crazier scary then around the time of 1914? Was half all of Europe’s population killed during WWII I know one of the plagues did that? What time in history was worse after the 1 century?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I think I would like to have been around in 1799. Lol. Some how the steam engine was part of the sign of the last days at one time for the wt. With that thinking are we not in the 4th century of the last days? I had often wonder when I was a kid how writings from 2000 years ago applied to us. It would be like we could predict what would happen to humans in the year 4018. Still Totally ADD

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

JW's should take the time to examine Mr. Clarke's 19th century commentary and explanation of the verse by verse fulfilment Matthew 24.

https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/acc/matthew-24.html

Perhaps they will then admit that when Jesus said the great tribulation would not occur again, he must have meant it!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

BTW, didn't Jesus specifically tell his followers to not assume "the Apocalypse is nigh" just because they heard that wars, famines, plagues, and natural disasters were on the rise?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    StillTotallyADD - "I think I would like to have been around in 1799."

Oh yeah, nothing like the threat of smallpox and cholera, lack of rudimentary dental and medical care, and an average lifespan of 40 years to stimulate one's sense of enjoyment.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yes and every century Before and Since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit