I`m going out on a limb here ! ....PIMO

by smiddy3 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ZaneM44
    ZaneM44

A young woman in an abusive relationship asked for my advice.

Although he has never hit her, her boyfriend orders her around and requires her to do many things for him.

She has also caught him in many lies, and if she calls him out on them he responds with wild accusations against her and then when they are alone he threatens her.

She says that he is not all bad and is often very kind to her, so she just does what he expects her to do and ignores the lies and threats. But lately his lifestyle is putting her life in danger.

He is also her brother's lifelong best friend and a close friend of the family and if she breaks up with him she fears causing a rift in the family.

What should i tell her?

-

By the way, i'm not gonna say her name, but her initials are PIMO

:^)

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Ask her if she wants to know what is bothering you. Her answer will tell you what to do.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i was PIMO many years before it was invented.

But not leading a double life thing..going to meetings going door knocking etc to keep up a pretense. Nope--i resigned--bam--just like that. DO not call me brother anymore--its Mr from now on.

But i did occasionally attend a meeting--to appease my wife..but everyone knew i was not a JW any more--

i cannot understand how some can live a lie.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

ZaneM44 dealing with a Narcissist--RUN! for your life or forever be miserable.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

ZaneM44 , Nobody and I mean NOBODY should endure an abusive relationship and they ,he/ she should end that relationship immediately.

Their is no excuse for remaining in one ,help is there for all to take advantage of if only one applies.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Tameria and Queequeg, ❤️ Your stories!

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

ZaneM44...sounds to me like the woman's boyfriend is every rank and file JW's governing body....again: RUN

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Probably one of the most abusive, narcissistic groups around.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY3:

I agree with you and think the PIMO strategy (physically In and mentally Out) should best be used by somebody who is ‘Fading’ from the Witness religion and quickly headed for the door.

What I imagine is the worst is if somebody is a PIMO and still serving as an elder and has no intention of leaving!!!.. This is total hypocrisy!.. Not only is this religion the pits - but there are so many phonies and fakers it’s hard to even know what the REAL number of believing JWs is.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"Not only is this religion the pits - but there are so many phonies and fakers it’s hard to even know what the REAL number of believing JWs is."

That's exactly why they will massage the numbers continually.. I don't believe they have 8.5 million followers.

This religion is the pits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit