New to this. But not the life.
Hello everyone. I just joined this sight today. I'm hoping to find people here with similar experiences or have experience with similar situations or just any advise or feedback.
First. My quick life story.
I was born into JW. 1971. Both Mother and Father were JW. There were 4 children, me the youngest. When I was quite young, my dad became an elder. My oldest brother turned 18 when he was diagnosed with Leukemia. About 3 months later he died. I remember the blood issues landing my family on the news.
My oldest sister was baptized fairly young. At 18, she was disfellowshipped for smoking and was immediately kicked out of our home by my father.
My other brother who is a year older than me were 14 and 15 years old when I couldn't take our forced lifestyle anymore. I had a melt down while my dad was at work. My mom was waiting for it to happen. She was tired too. She took me to a hospital and a week later I went home. My dad had moved out.
Im 45 now. Eventually I got my life together and am doing well. I went to visit my dad 2 days ago. It's been 15 years. It got me thinking about the JW Organization. So I started researching it online for the first time. Holy Crap!!!! I never thought I would see all that proof about "The Truth" in my lifetime. I'm still blown away!!
Anyways. I am going to get extremely well prepared and make my dad think he's helping me and let him watch me realize why JW is not what I choose to believe.
That's my plan. Thanks for reading.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story.
So much is happening in WT world right now and this is a good place to keep up with the latest news. Well done on going to see your dad. I hope you can continue to build a friendship with him. Only you know about your situation but please take it easy regarding sharing bad news about the JWs with your dad if there is an opportunity to get some sort of relationship with him.
Look forward to your posts.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your story. What some good, deep research (not the watchtower-way!) can do.
Glad to have you and thanks for sharing some of your JW story.
It really is amazing now how much information is out there about the JW's if only a person is willing to search it out.
Keep reading,learning,searching and the funny thing is...the truth really will set you free.
@berrygerry gave you good advice hit up http://www.jwfacts.com if you haven't already.
Tell your dad you've been thinking about returning to Jehovah. You just have a few questions and if he would be so kind as to answer them you'd be willing to study.
He will be so excited by you stating that he'll for sure try to answer your questions.
Here are some ideas for questions.
1. Were those that were disfellowshipped for taking blood fractions prior to the governing body allowing blood fractions automatically reinstated once the governing body changed their minds? and how did they go about apologizing to those that were disfellowshipped after causing them so much unnecessary pain?
2. In 1919 when Jesus chose the organization we taught that he should be worshiped. How can that be? Either they were teaching darkness then and he wouldn't have chosen them or we're teaching darkness now because we're not following the teaching we taught when he chose us? "In Jehovah there is no darkness at all"
3. In the book the "Time is At Hand" we stated on page 101 that Jesus took reign in 1878 and that Armageddon was in 1914. Then we said 1925. These were specific years/dates. Doesn't that directly contradict Matthew 24:36? And again why would Jesus chose us if we were teaching such things?
4. If there was a governing body in Jerusalem why were the Pharisees part of that body given the condemnation Jesus game them? See Acts 15:5
5. If I'm out in service how do I explain to the householder the concept of overlapping generations directly from the bible considering that the bible indicates in Matthew 1 that a generation is roughly 48 years?
and there are many many more tough questions like this that will scramble his brain if that is what you're looking to do. What I mean is make him think.
This is not chicanery or twisting words these are things flat out said by the organization over the years. If he wants you to "return" he should explain the above type questions which he won't be able to because it's all a farce.
What a story!
Welcome Ircoz. Thanks for sharing your story. Best wishes helping your Dad see TTATT.
Welcome. Karter from downunder.