JWs kinda admit to not being Christian

by NikL 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• evilApostate
    evilApostate

Fun fact: Watchtower claims to only use the name Jehovah because "it's widely recognized in english." Not because it is close to the original name. Therefore, they use the name to appeal to man. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yOcoHukDIn8 skip to 1:34.

Scholars think that the original name might be Yahweh. However, there is no way to be sure. I also read that the reason why other bibles use the words "Lord" and "God" instead of Jehovah is because the people of the day thought that the actual name was too holy to mention. Hence, they would use Adonai (Lord) and not say the actual name.

The name Jehovah arised over time via mispronounciation etc.

• blondie
    blondie

When someone at the door would ask "what religion are you" I would say, "Christian." I promptly irritated them and the jw with me.

At the door, "I thought you were Jehovah's Witnesses." It was a trick question many born agains pulled at the door.

After we left

My jw companion, "If you say Christian, they will think you are a born again."

I would then show them in the NWT in Acts, that by divine providence Jesus followers became known as (wait.................Christians)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JWs kinda admit to not being Christian..

No..Not even close..

JW`s think they are the "ONLY CHRISTIANS".....Period..

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

According to Revelation 3:14, God already has a "faithful & true witness" - he doesn't need any more!

However, the scriptures instructed Christians who they were to witness for:

Matthew 10:18 - ".....for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations.

Mark 13:9 - "......before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them."

Luke 24: 47,48 - "....and on the basis of his [Jesus'] name....You are to be witnesses....."

John 1:15 - "John bore witness about him..." [JESUS]

John 5:37 - "the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me."

John 8:18 - "the Father who sent me bears witness about me."

John 15:26,27 - "the spirit will bear witness about me; and YOU in turn, are to bear witness."

Acts 1:8 - "You [11 faithful apostles] will be witnesses of me...."

Acts 4:17,18 - ...upon the basis of this (Jesus') name .... upon the basis of the name of Jesus.

Acts 10:39 - "And we are witnesses of all the things he [Jesus] did..."

Acts 10:43 - "To him [Jesus] all the prophets bear witness....."

Acts 13:31 - "who are now his (Jesus') witnesses to the people.

Acts 22:15 - "because you are to be a witness for him [Jesus] to all men......"

Acts 22:20 - "......the blood of Stephen your [Jesus'] witness was being spilled..."

Acts 23:11 - "..... a thorough witness on the things about me in Jerusalem..."

Acts 26:16 -"I [Jesus]..choose you as an attendant and a witness respecting me"

Romans 8:16 - "The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit..."

1 Corinthians 1:6 - "even as the witness about the Christ..........."

1 Timothy. 2:6 - "......what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times."

2 Timothy 1:8 - "............of the witness about our Lord.. [Christ]"

1 John 5:9 - "the witness God gives...the fact that he has borne witness concerning his Son."

Revelation 1:9 - "....for speaking about God and bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 12:17 - ".......and have the work of bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 17:6 - "........and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus."

Revelation 19:10 -".....the work of witnessing to Jesus.... bearing witness to Jesus."

Revelation 20:4 - "............ for the witness they bore to Jesus."

For whose name were Christians to witness? (see 29 scriptures above)

For whose name would Christians be hated? (Matt. 10:22)

By whose name were people healed? (Acts 3:6; Acts 4:10)

By whose name were demons expelled? (Luke 10:17; Acts 16:18)

By whose name would people receive Holy Spirit? (John 14:26)

In whose name would people pray to God? (John 15:16)

By whose name would people be named? (Isa. 62:2; Acts 11:26)

By whose name would people be reconciled to God? (Rom. 5:10; 2 Cor. 5:18)

By whose name would people be forgiven their sins? (Matt. 26:28; Acts 2:38; Eph. 1:7)

In whose name would people be judged? (John 5:27)

By whose name would people be resurrected (John 5:28)

In whose name would people be baptized? (Acts 2:38, 8:16, 10:48, 19:5, 22:16)

In whose name were people to put faith? (John 2:23)

In whose name was Saul/Paul commissioned to preach? (Acts 9:14-16)

For whose name would Christians be reproached? (1 Peter 4:14)

In whose name were Christians to gather together? (Matt. 18:20)

For whose name would Christians make sacrifices? (Matt. 19:29)

For whose name would Christians be persecuted and killed? (Luke 21:12,16,17)

In whose name will every knee in heaven and on earth bend? (Philippians 2:10)

In whose name would people be declared righteous? (1 Cor. 6:11)

By means of whose name would Christians offer a sacrifice of praise? (Hebrews 13:15)

The names 'Jehovah' or 'God' are notable by their absence.

• carla
    carla

Why do they need Jesus at all if they believe their own death absolves them from sin?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I consider JWs to be - technically - Christians.

All that's done is kinda turn me off Christianity, though.

• NikL
    NikL
    OUTLAW 12 hours ago

JWs kinda admit to not being Christian..

No..Not even close..

JW`s think they are the "ONLY CHRISTIANS".....Period..

True they DO say that Outlaw. On the one hand they claim to be Christian BUT they also downplay Christ it seems to me.

1 John 2:22 says...22 Who is the liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ?+ This is the antichrist,+ the one who denies the Father and the Son. (NWT)

Now they obviously don't out and out deny, but they are putting Jesus, as someone said earlier in this thread, "in the corner".

BTW, AWESOME list of scriptures The Searcher! I am going to save the whole bunch for future reference.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

True they DO say that Outlaw.On the one hand they claim to be Christian BUT they also downplay Christ it seems to me.

Image result for you are correct

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It's articles like this that really make me start to believe that the members at the top the real power behind the Borg are masons!

• NikL
    NikL
    Crazyguy an hour ago

It's articles like this that really make me start to believe that the members at the top the real power behind the Borg are masons!

Oh no not the Masons again! LOL

Seriously, I've been taken to task in the past for suggesting a Mason connection with the JWs.

Some people got really nasty about it too. Which I've never understood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit