the 2013 NWT in Dutch ---- when ??

by menrov 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• menrov
    menrov

We are almost in 2017 and some 3 to 4 years have passed since the release of the 2013 revised NWT. Also, I am supposed to believe much money has been spent on RTO's. And as the end is even closer, I should have access to the "best translation ever" in my own language...how else can I be saved???

So question is: WHEN IS THE NWT IN DUTCH AVAILABLE, be it in hard copy or just digital? What is holding them back?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    When was the last Dutch revised version? Some languages apparently incorporated some of the NWT 2013 revisions before the new English version came out.
  • Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Ehh, the Dutch don't donate much. That is well known. Also at HQ. And no growth in numbers. So, the Dutch market has no priority for the society.

• George One Time
    George One Time

How many languages do already have the revised version?

• St George of England
    St George of England

It's already in DOUBLE-DUTCH, what more do you want??!!

George

• Caminante
    Caminante

The 2013 revision has been released in 31 languages for the full Bible and 25 further languages just the Greek Scriptures (languages that didn't have any New World Translation previously). Languages where the bi12 (1984 revision of the New World Translation) was released after 2001 or 2002 will not have the 2013 revision translated, because those translations already incorporate many of the updated renderings (e.g. Romanian, which was released in 2006 — we received a letter stating that the revised Bible will not be released in Romanian). I haven't seen it officially confirmed, but the languages where the bi12 Bible was printed with gray covers will not feature the nwt Bible.

In total, the New World Translation is already available in over 140 languages (bi7, bi12 and nwt combined).

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hey menrov!

So question is: WHEN IS THE NWT IN DUTCH AVAILABLE, be it in hard copy or just digital? What is holding them back?

Why don't you ask when you visit the the Dutch Bible Expo? And let us know afterwards?

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5666813717250048/dutch-jw-bible-expo-2017

• Joachim
    Joachim

There will be 2 zone visits in The Netherlands in 2017.

Maybe one of them has to do with releasing the Dutch revised NWT.

At the Dutch branch there are translators working at it.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    It's already in DOUBLE-DUTCH, what more do you want??!!
    George

That made me chuckle out loud :D

• careful
    careful
    Caminante's comment is quite interesting and revealing. If what he/she reports is true, it provides some info on the time frame it took to produce the revised NWT, namely that it had been in the pipeline for a decade or more before the English version was released. A bit more of the super secrecy is revealed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit