When The 'Tower Is Mentioned In A Will

by NotFormer 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elena
    Elena

This would never work Bal, watchtower are ruthless kicking out daughters from their dead mums homes to sell it.

I know of court cases where some old person left everything to JWs and unbelieving adult children contested the will. They had a good case saying their parents were brainwashed and taken advantage of but in the end the JWs have the expensive top legal teams fighting them.

can you imagine the hatred these ones have knowing the JWs took their parents inheritance

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

A smooth JW Elder (ex-stockbroker) in California flies around the country targeting affluent JWs with Watchtower schemes and scams to disinherit those "evil non-JW relatives and heirs".

Watchtower is getting more sophisticated and proactive in tying up future inheritances.

That "brother" has been rewarded handsomely.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

"

Elena2 minutes ago

This would never work Bal, watchtower are ruthless kicking out daughters from their dead mums homes to sell it."

:) It has been working well for three years. They had moved out of state, and Watchtower is still unaware she died. lol.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Balaamsass2, weren't you accused of being that elder in the "outing" thread? 😸😹

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

"Not former", yes, a kooky/confused member did falsely accuse me of being a different well-known Northern California Elder who was scamming many seniors with some sort of mortgage investment scheme in Northern CA that eventually blew up. Strangely, the confused poster never helped any of the victims file a case with the local District Attorney or SEC. He (and others) simply posted here and on the Kingdom Hall door.

The licensed Elder I mentioned earlier operated LEGALLY at the direction and supervision of Bethel.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Balaamsass2, It's a pity that "your" elder could get away with it under the letter of the law. "Legal" and "moral" aren't always the same thing...

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Notformer, not unusual in Watchtower land. This particular Elder has no issue with helping Watchtower direct JWs into disinheriting "worldly family".

He hasn't spoken with his own grandchildren in years because his Daughter left Watchtower.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    What about in the USA? Who turns up at the will reading to represent the WT?

In my case no one. I was legally and ethically bound to inform WT of the death and they had a copy of the will. Both parents had stipulated that everything would go to the surviving spouse. So everything went to my father when my mom died. When he died I was working at having him transfer his financial holdings into joint accounts with me listed as joint owner. He died before I could get the final one in a joint account. Otherwise at his death they all became mine legally and ethically. Sadly the one I was not able to get completed before he died netted WT a tidy high six figure payout, for which their only response was, "Is that all there is? Can we expect more?" I was able to truthfully tell them, "NO!!" as the rest was mine, and I will never give WT one thin dime!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

'Sadly the one I was not able to get completed before he died netted WT a tidy high six figure payout, for which their only response was, "Is that all there is? Can we expect more?"'

So they were in some sort of contact with you. What rank was the "official" who begged for more?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

when the Tower is mentioned in a will....someone is on way to collect before the body is cold. I don't really know but I vaguely recall JT mentioning it in one of the exjwcritical thinkers videos. It sounded so unethical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit