I found my wifes new blood card

by Steel 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Steel
    Steel

I would like to say I am not in and my wife is a marginal witness at best. She doesn't say anything bad about the borg or live an amoral lifestyle. She just doesn't read the bible, or even the tracts anymore and generally has no clue about anything biblical or doctorial related.

I found my wives new card yesterday. I know for years she didn't actually have one. The part that really pissed me off is there was provision for alternative health care agent or something and it was signed by one of the uber elders. I have no words to describe how pissed off I am that in the event of accident or injury that this man would get a phone call before me. I also know in no way shape or form was this her idea. We have had many personal tragedies happen to us and we decided it was best if no witnesses especially the elders were to know.

Of course I know the reason she wouldn't ask me ( because my view on the borg is quite well known to her). Its this elder who signed card that has really has me pissed off. Having power of attorney over another mans wife really seems to be personally and legally crossing a line. I am actually talking to a lawyer next week about estate planning and getting our wills done. God knows whatever else they are involved in my life.

I just wonder is there a copy of this card in the KH and would I create more problems for my wife if I were to talk this man. I am really pissed off right now.

• tiki
    tiki

You need to talk with her about it and get an official health care proxy naming each other as primary health care agent in case of situation where one partner is unable to voice decision on care issues. Also with your primary care doctors, facilities get on record that husband and or wife are agents and all medical info is available to them. For secondary in case both of you are incapacitated, a close family member you trust.

Your position as her primary should morally ethically respect her wishes as blood issues go....but she needs to understand thoroughly your position in that area as well.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I found my wifes new blood card

Jehovah`s Witness.....SUICIDE CARD..

Image result for Jehovahs Witness no blood card..Image result for Tombstone bye

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Steel: I am really pissed off right now.

No doubt. You have every right to be pissed.

Do you have children? If you do, your wife's decision (elder's decision, actually) has bearing on your child(ren's) welfare.

Very concerning. Glad to hear you are seeing a lawyer. This would be good to get legal advice on.

• Gargamel
    Gargamel

I know it may be wrong, but I would override someone's wishes on this issue - not that I'm ever likely to be in such a situation.

I take the view that it would be acceptable to override in the event of mental illness - and I also take the view that refusing medical treatment on religious grounds is a symptom.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I wonder if this could be braught put as a scriptural issue. The Bible says the head of the wife is the husband. The elders signing this usurpted your headship, maybe he can now pay your wife's bills or you can scripturally separate ?

• Steel
    Steel

I think appointing yourself in a legal position over a person without consulting immediate family first is really unacceptable.

• Tallon
    Tallon

I think appointing yourself in a legal position over a person without consulting immediate family first is really unacceptable .... Steel

Would it be legally binding in a court of law too?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if i were in your position i would just tear it up. maybe your wife wants you to. she could always get another.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I'd talk to your wife first and see if she was coerced. Maybe it was a herd mentality to sign it and get it witnessed now....... kind of thing.

Indicate that if she is conscious and is willing to refuse a blood transfusion you will respect her wishes. You'd have to legally anyway. However if she is unconscious it will fall on you to make the best decision possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit