new to the forum

by kgrrl 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• kgrrl
    kgrrl

Hello...just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Kelli. I was raised as a Jehovah Witness by my mother. My father did not become a JW until I was sixteen. Growing up was difficult, living in a divided household. I was born and raised in Ontario. When I was fourteen, my parents and younger sister moved to Nova Scotia. My older brother stayed in Ontario, abandoned because the elders disfellowshipped him. My mother felt that ignoring him would somehow bring him back into the organization. He has never returned, heehee.

Life in Nova Scotia was hard. My father became a Witness and decided to take an active role as father to my sister and I. Unfortunately, we were now teens and rebelled at the idea of him telling us what to do. Also at this time, I befriended a girl my age and we became quite close. Her family were JW's and they lived across the street. Her father quickly began to emotionally abuse me and the sexual abuse started about three months later. His outward advances happened for a year and a half until I had enough courage to speak up. In the end, four other girls in the congergation came forward expressing he emotionally abused them. He was publicly reproved and lost his priviledges for five months! I became clinically depressed, suicidal and spiritually dead. The elders offered no support. Within a year, I disassociated myself because I couldn't bear to go to another meeting and endure having to look at him. I was seventeen years old.

I ran back to Ontario and started a life of drug addiction and self-abuse. My parents disowned me and the guilt and shame tormented me daily. Two years later, my mother convinced me to move back in with them and get reinstated. I did this for her. The process of getting reinstated in long and very lonely. The only people I could speak to were my parents, two people who no longer knew me. Six months later, I was back in the organization and completely miserable. Thankfully, my parents moved to another congergation so I only had to see Mr. Pedophile at conventions. I lasted one year and then elders deemed me a bad influence and disfellowshipped me. I was caught smoking a cigarette. I tried to appeal their decision, at my mom's request, but the six elders infront me didn't care what I had to say. My defense was that, yes, I indeed was spiritually dead and needed help. I admitted it. My reasons were because of the emotional and sexual abuse and having to cope with the incredible shame. The elders refused to let me further talk about my experiences, saying the situation was dealt with and thus put in the past. I was on my own once again; no identity, community or family.

I am now twenty six years old and I have done an incredible amount of healing. I am happily living on the West Coast with my partner and brand new five month old son. I am in counselling, continuing my path of letting go of my past. I am finally happy with who I am, who I have become. I miss my parents (my sister left when she was a teen) and a few of my JW friends but I have learned to accept their decision of shutting me out. I try not to live in the past and instead work on building a community of like-minded folks.

I appreciate this forum. I have come and read posts on several occasions. I thought it was time I say hello and start to share my thoughts.

• shamus
    shamus

Hello there! Welcome to the forum!

I am sorry that your family has shut you out. Also, the abuse that you suffered must have been horrible... and the "loving" kind elders threw you out on your ear. That's typical. Just another pharisitical decision... something that Jesus warned against.

How dare they throw you out when you are emoti9onally hurt! They are just disgusting...

• Simon
    Simon

((( Kelli )))

Sounds like they really put you through the grinder

Welcome to the forum and it's good to hear you are having happier times now.

• reboot
    reboot

Here's a alt for you Kelli;

So glad you've come so far and are looking forward to a positive life with your partner and your new baby.Keep smiling.

Hope we can all give you support if and when you need it- and perhaps even make you smile occasionally.

Reboot xxx

• one_ugly_time
    one_ugly_time

Welcome kgrrl --

I would love to be in sunny california right now, but I got stuck living on the east coast and we are under 18" of snow this morning.

I am fairly new here also, and it is refreshing to hear that a number of survivors have turned their lives for the better and started thriving. I do believe that it is all about sharing and talking about the pains that sets them free. Your on the right path.

Congratulations for the baby boy .

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Hi Kelli and a big Welcome

Devon

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Hi Kelli. I'm sorry you had to go through with so much with the JWs, but hey, at least you are out of it now.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Hi there Kelli, sorry about the history...but so glad there's a happy turn-around!

• blondie
    blondie

Welcome, Kelli. What a ringer to have gone through. I too am an abuse survivor and grew up in a divided household. I am currently inactive. You will find that many here share some if not all of your experiences. We are all healing at different rates.

Blondie

• neyank
    neyank

Hi kgrrl.

Welcome to the forum.

"Her father quickly began to emotionally abuse me and the sexual abuse started about three months later. His outward advances happened for a year and a half until I had enough courage to speak up. In the end, four other girls in the congergation came forward expressing he emotionally abused them. He was publicly reproved and lost his priviledges for five months!"

So you were given the boot for smoking but this animal was only publicly reproved and lost his priviledges for five months?

Once again the WTS shows how unChristian and uncaring they really are.

Did you report this to the police?

I'm sorry for the pain and suffering you endured because of the brutal and cruel policies of this book publishing company that is masquerading as a religion.

neyank

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit