Matt Dillahunty From The Atheist Experience vs A Jehovah's Witness

by pale.emperor 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

This was cringe worthy, and yet hilarious to watch. I'm sensing that this was a person studying with JWs because she's so bad at defending the very basics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0rcmjCzEb8

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think she did a great job in exposing the JW religion as a cult religion .Unintentionally of course .

What more could we ask for ?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

he's great

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

The fellow on the left had it correct about 1914 -- her pivotal statement being wrong. The 24 Prophetic Failures of Watchtower’s Most Heralded Date, 1914 -- not a single one of the 24 predictions (all failures, of course) re 1914 makes mention of "The Great War" (WWI).

Yes, as 99.9% of current JWs are ignorant of the fact, they did in fact predict 1914 as the end -- and at that time 1799 as the beginning of the end.

Check out the link above.

Len Miller

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

As to Armageddon being on that list, it is number 9 (of the 24).

"The date of the close of that "battle" is definitely marked in

Scripture as October 1914. It is already in progress, its

beginning dating from October, 1874. Zion's Watch Tower, 1892, Jan 15 p.23

The ‘battle of the great day of God Almighty’ii (Rev. 16:14),

which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of

earth’s present rulership, is already commenced. The Time Is at

Hand (1907), p 101

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Regarding Jehovah`s Witnesses and prophecy I have a question to ask .

The official magazine of the WTB&TS is of course the Watchtower from when they were the I.B.S.A. that Charles taze Russell started in the late 1800`s.

My Question: When did the title of the magazine change from ,

"Zions Watchtower and Herald of Christs Presence"

The first watchtower printed in the late 1800`s stated by its title that Christ`s reign had already begun.

It also identified them with the Zionist movement of the time .

to

" The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah`s Kingdom" ?

It now shows a shift away from Jesus and his second presence as king to their announcing Jehovah`s Kingdom ?

Where in the New Testament are followers of Jesus instructed to witness or preach about Jehovah`s kingdom ?

So when did this change of title of the WT happen ? downgrading Jesus and uplifting Jehovah ?

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I hope the following chart answers your queston:

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

One thing that also struck me when I left the cult was the change from 606 bc to 607 bc. Research made it necessary? Really?? What research? Oh, you mean your fraudulent overactive imagination? Just twist and f&#k with history?

As always, thanks JWfacts!:

"It seems to be well settled now in the minds of the anointed that the Gentile Times, which began in 606 B.C., ended in 1914: ..." Watchtower 1925 Mar 1 p.67

Watchtower 1925 Mar 1 p.67

In the 1940's, the Watchtower Society admitted its calculations for the 2,520 were inaccurate, incorrectly factoring in a year zero between B.C. and A.D.. Rectification meant that the Gentile Times started in 1915. With so much vested interest in 1914, the Watchtower leaders decided to simultaneously change the year they claimed Jerusalem fell from 606 B.C. to 607 B.C., and hence retain 1914. This required ending the seventy years in 537 B.C., instead of 536 B.C.

"Providentially, those Bible Students had not realized that there is no zero year between "B.C." and "A.D." Later, when research made it necessary to adjust B.C. 606 to 607 B.C.E., the zero year was also eliminated, so that the prediction held good at "A.D. 1914."-See "The Truth Shall Make You Free," published by the Watch Tower Society in 1943, page 239." Revelation - Its Grand Climax at Hand! p.105

Such an arbitrary move from 606 B.C. to 607 B.C. is only possible because the Watchtower does not deem it necessary to substantiate either year with historical proof.

The difficulty with this move was that by the 1940's historians had proven that Babylon fell in 539 B.C.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

This woman can't be a very good JW as they would not phone into a talk show like this. She just made herself look like a complete idiot.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    As to Armageddon being on that list, it is number 9 (of the 24).
    "The date of the close of that "battle" is definitely marked in
    Scripture as October 1914. It is already in progress, its
    beginning dating from October, 1874. Zion's Watch Tower, 1892, Jan 15 p.23
    The ‘battle of the great day of God Almighty’ii (Rev. 16:14),
    which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of
    earth’s present rulership, is already commenced. The Time Is at
    Hand (1907), p 101

The JW now do not know that the 1914 thing was a failed prophecy by the organisations 1st president CT Russell. When 1914 came and the end hadn't come, Russell had to change his prophecy and said that date 1914 was still a marked year but it was only the beginning of the end of the system of things. The modern Adventist movement that the JW are an offspring from had it founding with Miller, who predicted the end in 1844. I think it was a disciple of Miller's, Barbour that went off and with CT Russell founded the WT society and they predicted the end a number of times before 1914 date.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit