for the PIMO question as to A. Morris

by enoughisenough 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Have the rank and file been told not to "gossip", or "question" about Mr Morris yet? I am mindful of how questioning decisions was discouraged and being told to keep things confidential. ( maybe too soon, but do share if a special needs part comes up) You would think that common sense would tell them they cause the questions when they don't share reasons. Here is one of those who you were to obey no matter what and now you aren't to obey him...stinks to the high heavens.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I wonder how many of the R&F even know about this. Nobody has mentioned it to me in conversation or on ZOOM meeting.

George

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

When it comes out there will be for sure. Anybody on jw talk that can read the member comments?

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I told my elderly JW parents the news of the announcement.

They became instantly belligerent, asking me where I had got my information - what source, when etc.

They went into a hard-line defensive mode insisting I was wrong and had got my incorrect news from an incorrect apostate source until I showed them the info on the official JW news site.

Then they became aloof and feigned disinterest - how strange, unbelieving, defensive and brainwashed so many lifelong JW's are - even close family members....

• Listener
    Listener

A topic entitled "How can I stop the gossip" is on the front page of JW org currently.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere
    I think so many JWs are numb by depression, meetings, org requirements, org asking for money ect ect. Don't think they really notice news like this. They just go about their Zombie life.
  • BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

Here is what I received when I shared the news to a PIMI which summarize all:

Yes, I saw this. The natural thing is to "wonder". Hopefully all for good reasons.

Some sort of defensive mechanism triggered when certain words are pronounced together... hypnosis in action

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

Same here, the vast majority of brothers ignore the news and the few who know close themselves on the defensive citing health reasons ... cognitive dissonance

Just one thing: what does "R&F" mean?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Bartolomeo: R&F = rank and file = the gullible brother and sister-hood

• Bartolomeo
    Bartolomeo

@enoughisenough thank you very much

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit