by LyinEyes 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Waaay to goooooooooo girl.

You prove there really is life after all the pain

love the new pic.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LOL , Eisenstein, that made me LOL........you go !!!!!!! thanx.......I would love to do that myself ya know.

Big Tex,,,,,,you know alot of the things that I have been thru, things I didnt always tell on this forum, and I still will forever thank you for your advice and support,,,hugs to you and Nina for being such a wonderful support to me and so many others.

Thanks Billygoat,,,,,,,,I will PM you more later........ I got chills reading your message,,,,for real girl....I am not sure why,,,,maybe the things you said that I know deep in my heart to be true.

Lady Lee,,,,,,I have always admired your courage to speak out on all that you went thru, you have helped so many, myself included of course.

I sometimes am reluctant to express myself , but today I just felt that it was important to say something positive , not just for myself, but for sooooooooo many newbies out there, maybe ones that dont post but just read.

I wanted to let them know that I went thru the whole gammet of emotions leaving the JW's , I still am in so many ways.....just growing, healing, and moving on. I wanted to let others who may be where I am now or wonder if the pain will ever ease up......... it will.

Now I stand in a new place, which is kind of scarey in away, but yet delightful in the expectation of more and more peace, happiness and comfort in the future.

I swear we really have to take it one day at a time. If we try to force healing, force understanding, or finding answers that we may honestly never know,,,,,,we will be stuck ,,,,,we have to learn to cruise on this journey and take it all in.

Tx, Spunky Chic,,,,, I wanted to put a pic of myself up where I really felt happy,,,it was on my son's birthday, party, candles , presents and all.

Shamus.......thank you for what you said,,,,,,you made my day too.hugsssss to all Dede

• Valis
    Valis
    we have to learn to cruise on this journey and take it all in.

oh yeah take it lyineyes...oh yeah.....eheheheh...*LOL* oh and tell WT I can't wait ti see him at Apostafest!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• bebu
    bebu

Dede, I'm so glad to see your post! And glad to know that you are doing soooo much better than 2 years ago. That kind of news is good to read any time of day (or night). I've missed your posting here, but I think it is because you are doing other good healing things now. You are really a sweet person.

And congrats to your son on his achievement!

bebu

• nilfun
    nilfun

((Lyineyes)) So nice to hear from you, and that was such a fantastic post.

Beautiful pic!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dede,

It has not been an easy road,,,,,the first several months were terrifiying , confusing, emotions going back and forth on weither I was doing the right thing. A year after leaving, I just didnt care anymore , but still felt like I was an ex jw. I still feel that way to a small degree but I dont think of it everyday and I feel that I have really moved on.

Claire and I feel that the above is an excellent summary of our own feelings. We also love your new picture!

Love to you and all your family,

Ian, Claire and Boys

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

(((((Dede)))))

I am glad your life is gaining some strength of it's own without the identity of the JW's. You have grown so much in a very short time and you may not even see it yourself yet.

I've told you this before and I'll say it again. Even though I've never been a JW-I could tell the impact your posts had on others because you were posting from your heart and just getting things OUT. You don't play to the masses, you post what is going on with you at the time and the perspective you offer and always have is so valuable to others as they may be going through and feeling the same thing you are at that time.

You have a gift in your writing. You have the ability to communicate through written word in a way which draws a mental picture for someone when they are reading whether they've been there themselves or not.

You have needed to be strong in times when you felt you were unable and that, in addition to that huge heart you have -has built a strong character which will continue to serve you well.

Happy Anniversary Dede!!!

• Mac
    Mac

What she said!

mac

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I was always going thru the motions of life, putting things on hold, or waiting for the "new world" to take care of things, instead of ME taking care of things.

That is so true... i'm glad that you have have been able to pull your own strings now.

Your story was an inpiration to us all , one brave lady

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Thanks for the replies, sorry I havent gotten back to you all until now,,,,,,,it means so much to me to be able to feel free to express myself . For so many years as a JW , I kept quiet on my true feelings, always afraid that everything I said might be taken wrong or come off as a sign of weakness. I realize now that telling your story, how you feel is something that takes a certain about of confidence , because it is not easy to admit your weaknesses. I know now that it is ok to be doubtful, to not know for sure all the answers, and to be able to finally turn to others when I need a helping hand.

So many of you have done just that for me, and I know I could not have made it out of the borg without your support. It would have been a terribly lonely ride that is for sure.

I am very grateful that so many have been there for me and so many others when we needed you all the most.

I am still on my journey that is for sure,,,,,,,,,but I really hope to start posting more to encourage the new ones that are in the place now that I was 2 years ago. That is something that I have always appreciated about this board and other ex jw sites,,,,,,,the unconditional love, the understanding and the friendships. We have all lost so called friends , so called brothers and sisters,,family, but by coming here it has filled a void that was really superficial in alot of ways.

We really can move on to bigger and better things.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit