Our Own Unstuck (stuckinarut2's wife) On The Shunned Podcast

by dubstepped 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

--------New Episode---------

Episode Twenty Three - Sherrie is shunned by Jehovah's Witnesses

Today we have a really cool live recording from my living room. A listener to the show from Australia named Sherrie came to the United States with her Auntie Bev and they took time out of their trip to come visit my wife and I. Sherrie is pretty freshly openly out of the Witnesses, and Beverley was never one of Jehovah’s Witnesses despite her close ties to her family and hopes that one day she could see them leave the cult behind. So I had two mics and we passed them around and you’ll hear Sherrie and Beverley and myself and my wife Jenny jumps in too.

You will learn about Sherrie’s exemplary JW life and what woke her up, how much it impacts other family members when people suddenly become Jehovah’s Witnesses, and the beauty that unfolds when people wake up and families are able to live in freedom again.

You can download and listen on your podcast app of choice (iTunes, Apple Podcast, Google Play, Podcast Republic, Podbean, etc.). I personally use Podcast Republic.

You can also listen on the player at my website found at:
    https://shunnedpodcast.com/episode-twenty-three-sherrie-is…/

And you can listen on Youtube at:
    https://youtu.be/NB9p12NoUJ4

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Awesome!

Thanks Mike and Jenny!

You guys do an outstanding job with these podcasts!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thankya sir! Oh, and you're welcome! We had a great time getting to meet your lovely wife and her aunt who was so much fun.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks I'll listen to this later I've got to go to work now.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ dubstepped @ sherrie

Since I'm on vacation, I listened to the whole podcast. Thanks for this 3 hours podcast.

Sherrie told her story fantastically and pleasantly. I could "see" the tears in her eyes as she learned the truth about JWs dealing with child molesters (ARC) and the truth about them dealing with quotes (jw-facts) in the publications.

I wish Sherrie a lot of strength in dealing with her father - I had to experience the same with my mother.

It is heartwarming to hear how Sherrie and her husband were allowed to learn the truth about the truth (TTAT) and how this family was not destroyed by the JWs.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I am jealous.... In the U.S.? I wish I could have met you S1 & S2 ;-) Perhaps some day we shall even meet up with dubstepped & wife?

looking forward to the adventure!

cha ching

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

A shuddering crescendo at the 01:58:40 mark. For those unable to listen through the entire audio, the pull-away quote from Sherrie (in regards to Watchtower's deleterious stance toward child sex abuse handling) is transcribed below:

"I take it as a source of pride now, that that is the line that I go, 'NO. I don't care how I've lived my life before, or what pride I took in being a Witness. You DON'T get to excuse that. You just don't.'

You've got to look that kind of ugliness in the face, because those victims - those survivors - they need to be heard and they need to be understood and they need to know that it's not acceptable.

And so, my call-out to them is that it's NOT acceptable and I WON'T accept it, and I will LEAVE a religion over it. I don't care what the costs are. You can shun me. You can do whatever you want to me - you can call me names, you can say lies about me. I don't care what you do to me.

For the sake of those victims and survivors: I LEAVE whatever it is."

And that, folks, is what fearless integrity sounds like. Well done Mike for knocking this one out of the park with such a powerful guest like my big sister, Sherrie D'Sassociatedouza.

• Unstuck
    Unstuck

Awww - thanks everyone!!

Love to you lil sis WakeMe!! I didn’t know my words would strike such a chord but I’m so glad they have. That’s truly how I feel.

Cha Ching - I would have loved to meet you but at least we get to hang out here on the forum. And if you ever come to Australia we’d love to meet up! My US trip was so amazing. I got to meet up with ex-JWs in New York, Louisville, Denver and Hawaii. I’ll never forget it. We have a very special bond and community that I consider very precious.

Fast Jehu - thank you for your kind. comments. We know that we are very fortunate to have come through together - it could have been so different. Re: dad. I’ve not heard a word since that day and I don’t expect to. I’m ok about that. I think he is suffering more from this cult-imposed separation than I am.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Marked

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Oh my goodness that was absolutely gripping from start to finish.

Particularly when Sherry describes how devastating the betrayal was when she read the ARC report, and yet her real grief is for the victims who must be absolutely bewildered and hurt beyond belief at the response of “gods organization” to their trauma. Very heart wrenching - made me very tearful.

I understand how the work Sherri does affected her idea of what is genuinely helpful to others, that being a pioneer isn’t the only way to be loving to others. Having spent some time working with leukeamics I absolutely take my hat off to you because I couldn’t do that for more than a couple of years.

I really enjoyed hearing the viewpoint of a “worldly”family member to having witness relatives and the crazy responses to their innocent faux pas about things like Xmas and Uni awards. Auntie Bev was very funny but she really had the patience of Job with it all! Isn’t that “Santa is Satan” backwards thing so silly! (It actually isn’t )So happy she has her reward with a lovely family Xmas. I didn’t know your mum was out Sherri!! Congratulations!

It was fun having a sort of group interaction, too, we need to get you some more mic’s Mike so you can do more of this sort of thing :)) Nice to hear from the misses, too.

PS didn’t think ice hockey would be a thing in Oz LoL Sherri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit