JW women should NOT wear high heels...

by The Fall Guy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We shouldn't wear clothes because a sinful Adam and Eve invented them because they disobeyed Jehovah(tm)*

*Disclaimer. I don't believe in these fairy tales.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Women should NOT wear panties either!!!!!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

At 1 Peter 3:3  Paul wrote "Do not let your adornment be external—the braiding of hair and the wearing of gold ornaments or fine clothing— "

When Paul wrote "Do Not" was that just a suggestion or a command?just saying!
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

The only problem I have with high heels is practicality. They put too much stress on the foot, and are easy to trip on. And I think ties are a complete waste of time--what honest purpose does a tie serve, aside to serve some arbitrary standard of dressing up? None.

Of course, I would not be for enforcement of any standard of what is "too high". As with tight pants, there are disadvantages to wearing excessively high heels, and one should think of those disadvantages. But, there might also be advantages to high heels that offset these disadvantages, and in situations where the advantages outweigh the cost, by all means wear them. I happen to prefer clothing that fits comfortably and does its job without needlessly creating safety or health hazards (and that goes as much for shoes with untied laces as for high heels, which I feel are even more hazardous).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit