Jehovah's Witnesses are fleeing Russia

by James Mixon 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

JW's fleeing Russia crackdown, seeking shelter in Finland. Today in my local paper under Faith, by Andrew Higgins the New York Times.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    What does he say James?
  • James Mixon
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Poor Finland

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I cry foul !!!! A 42 rear old JW father of three would have like President Trump to ask President Putin of Russia a simple question when the two leaders met in Helsinki on Monday: Why are Russians who pay their taxes, follow the law and embrace the Christian values promoted by the Kremlin being forced to flee their country? "We don't steal, we don't smoke, we don't DRINK (are we talking about not drinking blood). Is this new light, no booze??

• careful
    careful

JM, your Seattle Times link came up 404. No results with this topic on their search either. Google, however, provides this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/16/world/europe/putin-trump-russia-jehovahs-witness.html

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Thanks careful, that's the article...

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I'm sure the org is providing them safe passage.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Regarding safe passage: Well at least the top brass for sure. The rest are on their own and must rely on JHVH.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

The org is only required to provide safe passage out for the least of Christ's brothers. Since they got Douglas Mark Sanderson out, they can now sleep in peace after stirring up so much trouble for the poor humble Russians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit