Things I Never Knew When I Was A Witness!

by disillusioned 2 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    I didn't know they were bat sh---t crazy.
  • zeb
    zeb

that the 'holy spirit' (JW version) required conscientious objectors to go to jail but then it changed its mind so they could do alternative work.

That the wts lawyers said in a Victorian court (Australia) that the society does not have members but individuals on "their own personal mission". The same lawyers saying that no elder nor the wts require keeping of hours worked in witnessing as it is again "ones own personal mission"

that there is a massive resistance in the org to having to get "Working with Child clearances".

that the wts was against formal education and then only higher education. Last year it lost some millions in Cayman island "investments" and then year before as much due to its faulty investment practices.

that the wts was defending paedophiles throughout its org on an industrial scale.

that they had made so may f***ups in false prophecies and wormed their way out of responsibility.

anyone else?

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I never knew Judge Rutherford was never actually a judge!

I never knew how many times they had set dates for Armageddon to come.

I never knew about many of their past beliefs like no vaccinations, no organ transplants, and aluminum was bad for you.

I never knew Russell studies pyramidology and based some of his beliefs on it.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

TheOldHippie said:

Then you were lazy. I was/am fond of studying and found out all those things quickly.

Judgmental much? I know a religious group that you would fit in very well with.

• jaydee
    jaydee

I wonder if part of the trick is that ,

when you do hear something that seems a bit nuts,

it doesn't seem to bother anybody else....

So ,somehow, it must just be you that doesn't really understand

Peer pressure I guess has a lot to do with it.

Image result for confused emoji

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    That the elders keep a secret file on every congregation member ever involved in "sin"....
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Omg, is THAT why every elder is supposed to have a locked file drawer in their house?? That's disgusting. As if every single person doesn't sin in some way or another!

I just learned something new today!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I didn't know the GB taught that Jesus was only mediator for the annointed. If I had known they were claiming we had to go through them and them through Jesus to God, I'd have waked up a hell of a lot sooner. Somehow, I missed that point.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I was raised as a witness and my parents were zealous witnesses. As a very young child I found going to the meetings, which were longer than they are today I believe, family study, field service and long assemblies completely bored me. I witnessed at school and was spoken well of by the teachers and later the same was true when I was an adult. But the boredom remained and the thought of an assembly or meeting was, oh God I've got that to do.

However I can't think of something that I didn't know of before I left. Some things may have come out after I left.

We had the book Jehovah's Witnesses In The Divine Purpose, I knew of the house in California and things like that. About a year before I left a brother showed me something in the Watchtower that bothered him it didn't bother me. Nothing would have made me question the society or the anointed.

1919 was the reason that these things didn't matter and it wasn't until I read something in the Watchtower that made me question the teaching regarding 1914 and subsequently 1919 that ultimately made me leave.

• oppostate
    oppostate

@TheOldHippie

I wasn't lazy in my studying WT litter-trash. And I agree with D2. There were/are a lot of things that the WT tries to keep from current members, re-writing the past like something out of 1984.

To me it was a shock to find out that they taught Jesus was only the mediator for the 144k and not all the JW's. It was and still is shocking that they insist the "great crowd of other sheep" can only become "friends of God" and not God's children through their belief in Jesus as the Christ. It's was shocking to find out about the UN-NGO membership and then their attempt to cover it over. It's still shocking to me how they add to the hurt of those sexually abused as children and would rather fight them in court than seek to reform their policies to aid them and support their healing.

But now the internet is making it easier to find out about the WT and its shenanigans. And that's a very good thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit