Things I Never Knew When I Was A Witness!

by disillusioned 2 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2

There are some things that as a witness I never knew. Maybe I was just going through the motions, attending meetings and not listening much. Never was very good at personal study or underlining answers in Watchtower or book study (I never ever answered up) was too shy.

I never knew when I was a witness that they taught that Jesus had looked down on the earth in 1919 to see who was serving god most accurately, and of course he chose a small group of bible students living in America! How did they know that he chose them, did he send a letter down from heaven or maybe a dove!

I never knew that they once banned vaccinations, or that they banned transplants saying it was cannibalism!

I never knew that Rutherford had a house built for the prophets to live in when they were resurrected (in America) but in the meantime he lived in the house!

There are so many things I never knew when I was a witness and I don't think many witnesses know these things.

Is there anything any of you didn't know when you were a witness or before you started to wake up?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    Then you were lazy. I was/am fond of studying and found out all those things quickly.
  • Bugbear
    Bugbear

Yes, there were many things I never knew. But there were also many things I knew, but suppressed. I did not know the business idea, that the WT had. To let voluntary people build and by them estates, and then selling them on the market with profit. I didn´t understand the brilliant idea to cover up all these transactions within a tax free org. registered as a non-profitable org. or an international Aid org. I didn´t know that the soc. where a member of the UN (NGO). And I had no idea that many of the elders in the cong. took advantage of their pos. and became pedophiles.

And I can assure you that there are still many things we never know….

Bugbear

• humblepotato
    humblepotato

No... I didn't know most of those things when I was asleep. I am still in (family, friends, work) but I am awake now. And it wasn't until I was awake that I started digging and learning about all the lunatic things this organization has done, or currently IS doing.

I knew about the 1919 judging from heaven because it was beat to death in the Revelation Climax book. The other things are either barely mentioned in passing, (such as the Proclaimers Book mentioning Rutherford's mansion for the prophets), or they are ignored entirely.

Think about it: there is a reason they only let us go so far back in the publications on the Watchtower Library. Not everything is made available for a reason. And that's because even they recognize it's crazy!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Yup all of the above I can also testify (except for 1919 appointment) to having no idea about. But the one thing that really sticks out in my mind, that now looking back on it was kind of humorous, was the flying of the Chilean flag in the KH. I went 12 months from when it first started emerging to believing it was an apostate driven lie. I even labeled the photo as bull shit and a set up. I honestly and sincerely thought that there was just no way that it could be true. That is quite a statement coming from a raging out of control apostate himself.lol
  • pixel
    pixel
    When I learned that the WT/FDS/GB teaches that Jesus was not my mediator...
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Things I Never Knew When I Was A Witness..."

...would be a terrific title for a funny book exposing the WTS.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Theoldhippie - If you don't mind me asking. When did you discover that the Watchtower was part of the UN (NGO)? Did you believe it was true?
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I didn't know about miracle wheat, Beth Sarim, their hypocritical membership in the UN (that oh so detestable sacrilegious thing that wants to um, avoid war and um, end hunger and help children), that Russell used the steps inside the great pyramid of Giza to prove the end would come in 1914 (which is very similar to another cult's measurements of Noah's ark to predict the end of the world. One quack's ideas are not so different from another's!), Rutherford's horrible, horrible personality, alcoholism and well documented adultery, and that he usurped the Bible Students throne after Russell died, and went against the wishes of Russell outlined in Russell's will. I didn't know about the hypocrisy of policies in Africa vs. the same issues in Mexico (can't hurt the people so close to us, lets have a double standard)...

I DID know about Russell's pyramid gravesite and the masonic ties, and I had heard of Russell's divorce. I think there was a guy/apostate? at a door who had read a book and shared with me and my father those things before my father dismissed ourselves.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!

All of the above, and:

That 1914 was derived by measuring the great pyramid in Egypt!

Or that the society was a member of the United Nations.

Or that neutrality was dispensable in some countries just to avoid a fine!

Hypocrisy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit