NEW YORK TIMES 10TH MAY: HOW THE JWS COPY THE MORMONS

by raymond frantz 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I’ve long felt that the LDS is the WTS’s nicer but weirder older cousin.

Mainstream Protestantism? The WTS’s somewhat out-of-touch but generally well-meaning (and eventually willing to try new things when something’s obviously not working anymore) mom.

Catholicism? The WTS’s old alcoholic uncle who finally seems to be going through his twelve steps.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Judaism? The WTS’s elderly and eccentric but surprisingly insightful grandfather.

Buddhism and Hinduism? Judaism’s old, laid-back college buddies.

Islam? Judaism’s outlier son from a previous marriage who’s a bit behind the rest of the class, but still stands a chance at catching up.

Scientology? Everyone’s crazy, paranoid, and mean-as-fuck neighbor from down the street.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Whoops, I just thought of another one to sandwich in just after mainstream Protestantism…

…Evangelicalism… the WTS’s bipolar twin sister (i.e. perfectly agreeable as long as she stays on her meds).

EDIT: aaaaand Islamic terrorism… mainstream Islam’s miniature but admittedly dangerous clone.

😏

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wicca/Paganism… Catholicism’s old hippy-chick next-door-neighbor-slash-frenemy (and former occasional late-night bootycall who called it quits after one too many drunken rants).

Sikhism… Hinduism’s ambitious younger brother.

Zoroastrianism… everybody’s late great-granddaddy who’s rarely talked about, but never disrespected.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Vidiot, where do MLMs fit into your family tree?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

One of Evangelicalism’s dark alters, obviously.

😏

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit