Watchtower Victims Memorial Day

by dubstepped 7 Replies latest jw friends

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Anybody here doing anything for it? I just learned of it's existence and its a cool idea. Apparently it's today.

WatchtowerVictimsMemorialDay.com

• cobweb
    cobweb

I was wondering how long this has been going on. There are photos there going back to 2014, but like you I hadn't heard of it. It reminds me of the silent lambs protests they used to do - didn't they used to put stuffed lambs on the kingdom hall gates? Now they suggest a teddy bear.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I like the idea. I gave thought that it would be cool if all of the shunned went back to the KH on a specific Sunday just to sit there for the meeting (if they could stomach it, not sure I could) just as a statement of "we're still here".

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5677573179703296/watchtower-victims-memorial-day-2018

The Assembly Hall for our region was a focus this year. It has Regional Conventions held at it every Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

It was rather appropriate that the sign for "Be Courageous" was present!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah. How long has this 'memorial day' been going now. I never really heard of it until now, this year.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Thanks for the link stuckinarut2! I can't believe I missed your thread. I always just look at the latest and I even went back and looked. I guess obsession isn't always fail proof, lol. Glad to see that at least someone else noticed it. I've seen very little action regarding it and I think it could be a really cool thing if we could ever get enough people to participate.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It will happen. The momentum will build.

As I mentioned, I don't see us all as "victims", but rather as "survivors". However a day like this does give strength to those who need it.

So I think it is a good thing.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

We're survivors from our perspective, but ultimately we were victimized by the cult and that's what we survived. Since the message is one given publicly it's probably more from the victim standpoint to highlight what they do to people more than how we've moved on hopefully to better things. I think that's why it's named so, but I get where you're coming from as one such survivor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit