Watchtower Victims Memorial Day 2018

by stuckinarut2 12 Replies latest members private

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey all!

So it seems that the 26th of July has come around yet again.

https://watchtowervictimsmemorialday.com/

This is the annual day to honor those whose lives have been adversely affected by the Society, by placing items near kingdom hall signs (as per the suggested website above)

Has anyone done anything in their local area?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

It's July 26 here in the Southern Hemisphere. @stuckinarut2 kindly organized this vigil here at our assembly hall.

Please feel free to add pictures of your Watchtower Memorial Day when the earth's rotation brings you to this date.

Love and light to the victims, survivors and those yet to find their way out to the other side where their family members await with unconditional love.

WHAM!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

photo taken a couple of years back. a friend taped these flowers and a card to the gate of the local kingdumb hall.

the hall is now a veterinary clinic !

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks for posting those pictures @WakeMe!

The Australia and New Zealand Facebook group has had a nice response to this Memorial Day already.

I was always in two minds about such a day. On one hand, I don't want to view us all as "victims", as that sounds negative. I prefer the term "former members" or "survivors".

However, so many people HAVE been really mistreated by the cult, so if our small gesture helps to give loving support, then it is all worth it!

(now I just wonder if the assembly hall security system filmed us...😜 I do find it ironic that the sign above is telling us to "BE COURAGEOUS")

@stuckinarut2 If they roll the film on us, they'd be guilty of viewing apostate material in action.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

This is great! I know of absolutely nothing being done locally and I only found out about the day after listening to the JW Community Podcast with Alexandra James as the guest. I had no idea. I'll have to do something big next year to make up. I guess I could do something this weekend but I have plans, including interviews for my own podcast and editing, so I'll just catch up next year. I'm so glad you shared pictures above. I love it!

Oh, and just as an aside, I posted on my Facebook looking to see if anyone I knew locally was doing anything. A non-JW friend of ours chimed in and asked if we'd like her to do something at the one up the street from her. She volunteered, which was such a sweet thing to do. And a number of the "likes" on my post were from people that have never been JWs at all. So tell your stories to people and you can find support from people that have never even been one of us before because now we're one of them.

Thank you for organizing this vigil here at our local Assembly Hall, @stuckinarut2.

Everyone else, please feel free to add pictures of your Watchtower Memorial Day when the earth's rotation brings you to this date.

Love and light to the victims, survivors and those yet to find their way out to the other side where their family members await with open arms and unconditional love.

WHAM!

Looks like I shot a blank (above) yesterday that somehow came through after your comment, @dubstepped. So nice to see that outsiders are touched by the movement.

I first heard about WT Victims Memorial Day when I saw this vid from Bo Juel last year. It made me cry and I was really hit by the gravity of loss caused by WT when I was first waking up: https://youtu.be/pO4M8mUSgDc

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sorry if I am showing my ignorance here but does this day also make mention of all the people ,mothers, children ,and others who have lost their lives due to the Blood ban ?

How about those who have lost their lives due to bad advice on medical procedures in times past such as no organ transplants , because it`s cannibilism not taking vaccinations against diseases for their young ones .? etc .

By the way it`s the 27th here while I`m reading this post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit