Well, I guess it is my turn.

by pamkw 15 Replies latest jw friends

• pamkw
    pamkw

I have not been to a meeting in about 6 years, and no one had bothered me. But that is about to change, my sister called me tonight to tell me the news. My mom had called her to tell her that the elders wanted to know where I lived because they wanted to encourage me to come back. She said that since I had been baptized,they wanted to see if they could get me to come back. (GAG!!!) So I guess my mom gave them my address and phone number. Part of me wants to call her up and yell at her, but I know that she thinks she is helping me. I am not sure why she called my sister, she hasn't been to the meetings for about 17 years, I guess she wanted me to know, but did not have the guts to call me herself.

Part of me thinks it is funny. And the other part is sad, because I do not want to met with them. I can see no good coming from this, I see this as a way to get me df again. I don't get along with my mom that well, but every now and then we can talk, and my son's like to visit her. All that will be changed, because if I met with them, I will be df. If I don'tmet with them, I am sure they will find a reason to df me anyway. And I know my jw sister will do anything to help me get that way. Things were not that great with my family, but it was livable. I will miss that.

The elders must really be pressured to get the numbers up. Maybe I should invite them to my house, I have a christmas tree, and I just got a book from the library about the Bible and myths. I also got a book about Wicca, and the book Kingdom of the Cults. I could leave those out on the table along with a deck of tarot cards. That might raise a few eyebrows. I don't even like any of these elders in this congregation, and they never liked me. This whole thing just pisses me off.

Pam

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

(((PAM))) ... (I don't understand)

• pamkw
    pamkw

That's because I hit the enter button instead of the shift button and it went to the board. I just fixed it so now you will understand.

• Gadget
    Gadget

Hey pam

(((Pam)))

I would love to piss the elders off lke that, but it can cause more problems than it can solve. If they do want to hold a jc with you there has been many posts on here about how to stop them from df'ing you, taking a tape recorder into a jc, etc. I hope everything works out for you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I hope it all goes well, Pam. I bet a few visual clues would probably shorten the visit! If you want to throw a dig in on their way out, perhaps you can pick something that REALLY BUGGED you all these years and mention that.

I particularly liked how Scully handled a sisterly visit recently. She really drilled home one particular offence.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    All that will be changed, because if I met with them, I will be df. If I don'tmet with them, I am sure they will find a reason to df me anyway.

What a way to welcome you back. Sure, I'd rush right back into the hall knowing this. *sarcasm*

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Yeah ... I understand ... what to do ?

Maybe (if you've got bounds with the familly and need to stay connected) you still can try to shunning the elders (you are not home ... you have to live right now ... you are sick ... you're son needs you right away ...

And if they come ... Well ... that will mean it is time to move on however it comes (it would had fuel on your gaz ... Take care ... don't know what to say ... So much relative troubles for religion ... Catholics ARE GOOD DAMMIT)

Take care

• pamkw
    pamkw

I already know what I am going to talk to them about. When I was 19 I was df for having sex and not being married. Years later, the elders finally admitted that my step-father sexually molested me. Was he df? No, they decided to declare his baptizm void, as he should not have been allowed to be baptized, since this was going on while he was studying. What gives with that!!!! They should have kicked the bum out, but they wanted to be easy on my mom. So what was I? It was okay to be hard on her then, but not when a man was involved. Not when it was her husband, and they had encouraged her to stay with me, and told me it was my fault. (I was 13). I wore my clothes to tight. Like who bought them?

I have a lot I could say to the elders about how I have been treated in the past. The more I think about this the more I just want to call and scream at my mom.

Pam

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Don't meet with them if you don't want. Use caller ID and don't answer the phone if it's them. If the call is blocked don't answer it (probably telemarketers anyway). If they come to the house don't asnwer the door without checking to see who it is first. If it's them don't answer it.

There is no reason you HAVE to talk to them.

And I know my jw sister will do anything to help me get that way

I take it this is a different sister than the one that has been out for 17 years?

At the very least if they DF you without talking to them it will take them alot longer to get around to it than if you let them talk to you and they DF you right away.

Heatmiser

• heathen
    heathen

How in the hell can anyone void a baptism ??? This is so absurd . I would tell them just how thru I am with being lied to and manipulated . If family members didn't want to speak with me then so be it .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit