Coincidence - I think Not - Be Afraid

by pettygrudger 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

Actually when I was with another JW db in the past. someone broke into a 'brothers' computer and then used his info to cause havoc.. it is possible...

• Aztec
    Aztec

Rhonda take good care okay? There are alot of screwy people on the net. There are people that have nothing better to do than screw with you and your life. They are sick in the head. Hackers are not people I would mess with on any level....

I love ya girlie!

~Aztec

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Actually when I was with another JW db in the past. someone broke into a 'brothers' computer and then used his info to cause havoc.. it is possible...

yes, it is possible to hack into another person's computer. However.................. This is one of the things Rhonda said:

my computer is going directly to a "pro" - and if I find out who you were

She's saying that she doesn't know for sure if her computer was hacked into- only that some weird things were happening with it and that she'd be taking it to a pro -I'm assuming to get to the bottom of it all. She then goes on to say "if I find out who you were" -when she made a previous allegation that she knew who it was and it's really not fair to throw that suggestion out there until she knows anything FOR SURE. I wouldn't want someone posting something something like this about me when it could be something totally unrelated to person- it could very easily be the same glitch my friend had with his yahoo months ago. Or maybe his computer was hacked into also? Who knows? Rhonda doesn't know for sure and I don't think it's wise to post something like this until she does. Putting the cart before the horse with this isn't really fair IMO. Someone's reputation can be harmed by conjecture such as this.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

XW - you are absolutely right of course - it "may" be a "glitch" - I simply just don't know.

I just find it weird that I was DENIED access to both my IM's and my normal e-mail server for over 2 months & all of a sudden,all "magically" went back to normal, and everything was as is was, except all my profile information was "different" for ONLY myself, and only on yahoo. Glitch perhaps -but from where we're all sitting over here - looks highly doubtful.

So yes, it is unfair for me to make "broad" stroke accusations. But with certain things that have happened in the last 2 months, its hard to know for sure. There have been circumstantial situations that have made me give cause for concern.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Petty, just E-mail me their name and I'll take care of them! Maverick

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Rhonda- I totally understand your concern- it IS weird. I hope you get to the bottom of it all.

I'll watch this a bit more- maybe my friend will see it and he can post about the same thing happening to him and you might feel more at ease with it all in addition to having your computer looked at by someone you trust. If not, I'll tell him and he can pm you or post to let you know that it has happened and what he may have thought about it at the time.

I'll say it again though- Yahoo is extremely unreliable and unstable. If you posted a thread about whether that was true- you'd have a 6 pager within the hour. There have been times when I've had an email and at the very moment I clicked on it to read it - it disappeared entirely. Where did it go? Who knows- into the Bermuda Triangle of cyber space I'm sure. And lots of times offline messages that folks have sent never arrived at all.

And then there was the thing with the personalized messages next to people's names being there on yahoo and they didn't put them there- they belonged to someone else. I remember getting upset with a friend back then because there was this really snotty "away" type message next to his name on my yahoo friends list and come to find out- he hadn't put it there. At that same time there were others I was talking to who had the very same thing happening so I knew he hadn't put it there. It belonged to someone else who had put it next to their name.

I hope you get it sorted out.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I have to agree w/xw on this one. I have had numerous "glitches" w/yahoo over the past year. I remember one time, I was chatting w/somone and the message behind my name was written in some other language! She told me about it, I asked another person on yahoo to see what it said and they agreed.......some strange message that no one could understand.

I too will not get messages for days after they have been sent.........or I will be chatting away and a long list of replies will come in all at once. For awhile, yahoo would log me out after a minute......finally after about 4 times I decided to give up and try yahoo another day. I also have "network errors" show up when trying to connect my cam or see someone else's cam.

Petty, I am not saying you may not have a problem. It is just that yahoo seems to be a "strange" program at times and before getting all worked up and jumping to conclusions, have it checked out. Did you email yahoo and see what they had to say about it? I would guess that they must be able to look up any account changes w/in the past two months to see if there has been any made.

Good luck to you in finding out what the problem is.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Did you email yahoo and see what they had to say about it?

LOL scooter- she probably did and they didn't get it !! Or they got it in another language or it went to hotmail instead.

Staying warm up there in the nort??

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'm having real problems with spyware lately. I suspect it may have come in via Kazaa, although I haven't used it for ages. I ran AdAware, and I'm getting about 10 - 20 objects daily marked "data miner". Although I can remove it temporarily via AdAware, the spyware is still operating somehow.

Any ideas how to get rid of it completely?

Englishman.

• sens
    sens

eman - are you running anything like smiley central...etc? hotbar? etc...my search bar ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit