Everlasting life on a stick

by truthseeker 15 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I think the Watchtower is the only organization that can promise a product (everlasting life) and never deliver it.

what fools we've been to believe this nonsense.

• waton
    waton

everlasting life- with never dying at all , that is wt's schtick. for millions, since ~1918.

• DesirousOfChange
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Love the Thread Title !

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I think the Watchtower is the only organization that can promise a product (everlasting life) and never deliver it.

what fools we've been to believe this nonsense.

You will be surprised to find how many religions and cults offer life forever in one form or another. There are quite a lot of those.

Also, "fool" is not a nice thing to call anyone including yourself. Intelligence has nothing to do with why people join and wind up believing that crap. Plus, there are people like me who didn't join. I was born in that organization, never had the choice.

The way life in paradise is framed is what makes the message attractive. Their promise is solving all people's problems that they have today, or making them irrelevant because of the everlasting life.

You will be surprised to find out how many people can't care less about living forever, but join because they are promised that all their current problems will be solved or are no longer important because they will disappear. That's the catch; that's what people fall for.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yea - the same tool as ALL Religion.

No one wants to DIE.

• Counter-Watchtower
    Counter-Watchtower
    You will be surprised to find out how many people can't care less about living forever, but join because they are promised that all their current problems will be solved or are no longer important because they will disappear. That's the catch; that's what people fall for.

They should have joined Joel Osteen's church. He says every sunday how all God wants is for your business to make a lot of money, you to find that perfect GF/BF/spouse and you to have everything you ever wanted here on earth NOW.

Im pretty sure he doesn't even speak of an afterlife. Ive never heard him anyway. But you can have "Your best life NOW" free of any pain or bad thing.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    They should have joined Joel Osteen's church. He says every sunday how all God wants is for your business to make a lot of money, you to find that perfect GF/BF/spouse and you to have everything you ever wanted here on earth NOW.

I sometimes linger for a few minutes on that channel on Sunday mornings. I marvel at his speaking abilities -- we sometimes underestimate the amount of persuasion that someone like that has. It's mostly "fluff", a modern take on tele-evangelism, without the explicit message of "send me money, and God will pay you back with more", though that is exactly what he means.

The Watchtower wishes they had someone who can speak like this, although I tend to think someone like that would probably be shut down. I think the Org likes speakers to be more robotic and just stick to the outline. If the Org had a Joel Osteen, they would quickly counsel him for drawing too much attention to himself.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

All religions promise some sort of Bliss that is not attainable in this world but would make you eligible for that only when you join and serve their religion.

I admit I too had been a fool to believe this package of nonsense for 11 years but happy that finally realized for what it is.

• Half banana
    Half banana

A man or woman comes to your door offering you to join the religion and avoid death.

Could there ever be a more blatant piece of snake oil salesmanship?

How stupid for anyone not to see the trap..................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit