Who is your favorite Star Wars character?

by LoveUniHateExams 27 Replies latest social entertainment

• Twitch
    Twitch

https://youtu.be/Djo_91jN3Pk

Excellent fan film on a true badass

But Leia was my favorite character overall.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Twitch - yeah, that fan film was pretty good.

The costumes and make up was excellent.

And the guy playing Maul got his lightsaber style down well, he even paced and scowled like Maul did in TPM.

TBH, I'm not keen on the multi player lightsaber battles. Maul facing off against that bearded Jedi was good enough. That part was done well.

That's why I like the OT lighsaber duels - one on one, with a lot of emotion and significance.

If Disney could incorporate that into a pre-Phantom Menace film that featured Darth Maul ... well, my ears would prick up.

I gotta say, tho, the settings looked crap - it was a bunch of star wars fans doing cosplay in the woods! XD

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Yeah, Princess Leia was a great character from the original trilogy.

She could handle herself. She stood up to Vader and Tarkin, she gave as good as she got with Han Solo, and she was a good shot with a blaster.

Related image

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I always seem to be the odd one, but my all time favorite is Jar Jar Binks.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Tameria2001 - couldn't tell if you're serious or joking but I had to give it a like. XD

Image result for jar jar binks

I don't think Jar-Jar is as irritating as some people say. If you genuinely like him, fine.

For me, Jar-Jar Binks would've been ok as a periphery character in The Phantom Menace. My issue with him lies with George Lucas. Somehow - and I don't know how - Lucas thought Binks would be a great central character.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I can't remember the guy's name, but Jar Jar was based on another character in literature. The guy acted just like Jar Jar; goofy, clumsy, and in general appeared like he didn't know anything, but was the one behind the scenes pulling all the strings. The same was supposed to be for Jar Jar, but there was such a huge backlash about this character, that George Lucas changed his mind about Jar Jar.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

goofy, clumsy, and in general appeared like he didn't know anything, but was the one behind the scenes pulling all the strings. The same was supposed to be for Jar Jar, but there was such a huge backlash about this character, that George Lucas changed his mind about Jar Jar - yes, I've heard about this.

George Lucas had that planned for Jar-Jar but the backlash forced him to write a very minor role for Jar-Jar in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

I don't think George understands how the fans' minds tick.

He might have been surprised that they generally disliked Binks. If you watch Return of the Jedi (special edition), you'll notice at the end where populations are celebrating on different planets, there is a brief Naboo scene and a Gungan is yelling "wesa free!" I think that is Lucas not-so-subtly giving fans the one fingered salute.

• Simon
    Simon
    She could handle herself. She stood up to Vader and Tarkin, she gave as good as she got with Han Solo, and she was a good shot with a blaster.

... and the gold bikini thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit