Who is your favorite Star Wars character?

by LoveUniHateExams 27 Replies latest social entertainment

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I like Qui Gon Jinn because he relates to myself and other PIMO JWs, i.e. he was looked down on by the jedi council because he thought outside the box and wasn't dogmatic, seemingly more spiritual than religious if you will.

I also love Chirrut Imwe from Rogue One. I love how he isn't an overt force user, yet he does undoubtedly tap into it to augment his blindness, and I also like his dry sense of humor and banter with his friend Baze Malbus.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Another good character from the novels is Zare Leonis. I went into depth on how this character's circumstances as well as the Empire as a whole paralleled JW-dom in the post below:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5176265826893824/jehovahs-witnesses-empire-star-wars

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Aww, c'mon MMM stop trolling. I didn't intend this thread to become a 'let's bash disney star wars' thread.

If you had to pick one character from the Star Wars franchise as your favourite, who would it be?

BTW Blondie - I like Leia, too. Great character.

Image result for leia slave bikini

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Another good character from the novels is Zare Leonis - this character is a new one on me.

Will check him/her/it out.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Another great character is Vice Admiral Holdo. Throughout TLJ she steps up and shows true leadership by walking around with an angry look on her face, and withholding any and all plans from everyone else. Also exhibiting true leadership skills, she bravely and valiantly runs away in a single direction, as a group, without splitting up or flying into an asteroid belt. She knows that an asteroid belt might mean the First Order's large ships would have to hang back as they scatter fighters. This would, of course, mean that they might be able to fight, but that would involve Poe.. which is, of course, completely unacceptable. It would, by contrast, be a cowardly move, and she knows it. Bravo! But she, and she alone, realizes that you can, in fact, use a ship to light-speed ram other ships - a small detail that had escaped the attention of literally thousands of years of previous space warriors. Her genius is unlimited!!!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Aww, c'mon MMM stop trolling. I didn't intend this thread to become a 'let's bash disney star wars' thread.
    If you had to pick one character from the Star Wars franchise as your favourite, who would it be?

OK. I can't promise to stop the criticism/sarcasm. They forked it up waaaay too much. But if you want a serious comment, here it is: Tag and Bink. I am not sure if I trust Disney with such a venture. But a Tag and Bink movie would be awesome.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I like Leia too. I wasn't criticizing the entirety of SW. For the most part, I agree with everyone that has suggested a character.

• MeanMrMustard
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Skippy the Jedi Droid:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Skippy_the_Jedi_Droid&ved=2ahUKEwiKscaj06fgAhVFrVkKHSQaAlAQFjAKegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3M6OoQ6xuT1k_-k1WE5t3C

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Here's a cool character who had potential but was underused in The Phantom Menace:

Image result for darth maul

He was defeated by Kenobi at the end of ep. 1, cut in two by a lightsaber.

I believe that the clone wars series brought him back by claiming that he survived Kenobi's attack and fall down the shaft. That's pretty dumb - I just wish he'd been used more in the prequel trilogy. It would have been great to see him survive TPM and see him in ep. 2.

If that happened, I might be talking about him as one of my favourite characters ...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Image result for tarkin

^^^ here's another good character ^^^

Grand Moff Tarkin, an imperial governor who was very high up in the chain of command, portrayed by the great Peter Cushing.

Tarkin was ruthless, intelligent, clinical and devoted to imperialist ideology.

The cold, cruel way he dealt with Princess Leia kinda gave you the feeling he'd dealt effectively with a lot of previous political prisoners.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit