JWs do Volunteer To Help Worldly Organizations Distribute Food to the Needy

by Athanasius 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• smiddy
    smiddy

For a clued up, long standing in good faith JW to support worldly charities is just not on.If the person is a JW , he is either new , mentally unbalanced ,( no offence it happens ) or whatever else you come up with , but he is not representative of JW`s. as a whole.

Think about it ,JW`s teach that only Gods Kingdom is going to fix mankinds woes.Nobody else.

That the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one Satan the Devil , if you support any of the worlds programs you are supporting Satan , especially in this time of the end.

You cannot be slaves to two masters , etc , etc, .

And if a JW was giving his time and money to further a worldly charitable organization a part of Satans System of things , instead of giving that time and money to the WTB&TS he or she would be brought before a JC to please explain.

And as another poster explained JW`s charities for what they are only benefit JW`s or their family or friends , not the general public , as is usual in theses cases .

smiddy

• careful
    careful

When I said that I was, he told me that the JWs have a new movie about Hezekiah and how God's angel slew 185,000 Assyrian soldiers in one night.

In the days when I was in, one would have taken your response as a cue to open up the Bible and read the passage. Now it's just a return to the Rutherford phonographs, only modernized. Sad, really.

Please do keep us informed of how this progresses. You may well have an in, especially if he and his wife are indeed sacked Bethelites.

• Robo Bobo
    Robo Bobo

I remember a speaker at a circuit assembly comparing charity work to "putting air into a tire with a hole in it." Because "why would we do something to try and sustain this doomed system?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit