New lawsuit in Canada for victims of Pedophilia against the Watchtower

by yalbmert99 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

New lawsuit against the Watch Tower in Canada for victims of pedophilia:

http://www.higgertylaw.ca/jehovahs-witness-child-sexual-abuse-class-action-lawsuit/

• Landy
    Landy

It's not a lawsuit - it's a fishing excercise by a firm of solicitors to see what's out there.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Hi yalbmert

try going to their website:

http://www.higgertylaw.ca

and then see if you can actually find any links though to the JW class action page....

from the news page, blog page, class action page or just any page...

And let me know how you get on...

TIA

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Yeah Landy, it seems you're right, however, Tricia Franginha on facebook just wrote that on ex-jehovah's witnesses of canada:

It's official: Higgerty Law has opened up the first class action lawsuit in Canada vs the JW's for child sexual abuse. Please share and encourage any victims to add their voice to the claim!

darkspilver : yeah I don't find anything more...

• Landy
    Landy

Well it appears Tricia Franglnha needs to learn to read.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I think "landy" is Finnish for "rectum"

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

yeah I don't find anything more...

yeah, exactly, no link from their own website!

that doesn't inspire any confidence regarding how they themselves view it

if they thought it important enough, surely they'd make sure you could access the page by navigating their website from the homepage....

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

Well, I got confirmation from another source that it will be happening. First across Canada class action suit against the Watchtower for victims of sexual abuse in Canada. They have agreements with different law firms in different provinces. In Quebec, the laws are different, but a firm will deal with cases in Quebec. They are currently in the search for victims.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    dsp: if they thought it important enough, surely they'd make sure you could access the page by navigating their website from the homepage....

That normally happens after clients have signed up and after the case is filed. According to the information given, the case is in the investigation stage.

This is standard class action procedure and has nothing to do with "if they thought it important enough". Once the case reaches the proper stage, then it will be linked to their website.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Oh right, thanks, that's cool OrphaCrow

They have to wait until after the case is filed before they link to it, or mention it, on their front-facing website.

Is it a province thingy in Canada?

It's just that the following Canadian website apparently seems very open about linking to cases while still only in the investigation stage, which kinda seems weird now?

http://royoconnor.ca/cases/

See third item down - Toyota Truck Rust Investigation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit