Remember this old timers?

by ScottyRex 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

PS i realise now it would have been hard to march with my head stuck up my ars

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Finkelstein,

First edition was 1944, revised in 1948, the year I was baptized.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

OldGoat. Two hours ago... I remember singing that song but not that song book.

...Praise the Lord less He be angry and you do perish in His Day...

Something about Warriors.

I have been going to the KHall since diapers. I keenly remember the soft moss green one that was after this red one.

How old are you OldGoat???

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

I turn 90 this fall.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

At 90 I'm dependent, which I hate. I'm diabetic, with all that comes with it. I sleep in two hour bursts. I've developed seizures. I forget everything, then remember everything, even things I'd rather forget. I was a Company Servant when we had those, then Congregation Servant. You may have heard me at District Conventions.

A long train of things finally led me to resign as an elder, citing declining health. I keep my opinions to myself for the sake of my wife and kids and grand and great grand children who are firmly committed to the Watchtower. I met, though I did not know well, many of the historical figures: Knorr, Franz [a repulsive little man], Miller [who never got over being a Marine.] and others. Macmillan was a guest in our home a time or two. Liked him.

Now, I believe some of the basic doctrines, but reject the self-elected governing body as a scriptural institution. There's a stout list of things I do not believe. But I most object to the self-entitled, un-scriptural views of those in authority. They browbeat their fellows. Okay enough of an old man's complaints.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Oh and that song, Lois, first appeared in Songs of Praise, the 1928 songbook.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Those songs are much longer than the one sang now. About 2 or 3 times as long and a lot better. The religion surely has changed and after listening to those songs it seems like the heart is taken out of the new songs. Just a bunch of flub to me, just words with no substance.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

"hey now all you thirsty ones... come and drink lifes water free, yes come drink you thirsty ones... Gods loving kindness see"

I always HATED the childlike way the bOrg tried to get a rhyme in. Mixing up word order like a bitch.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

My own favourite bit of JW plagiarism. With apologies to Beethoven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3A0iggI1Bg

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I still whistle them to this day

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit