OK I have had it with our Creator, "A booze gene".

by James Mixon 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Scientists have discovered a booze gene. So can one be DF for drunkenness if they have a booze gene????

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^ Interesting ^^^

Please post the link, James.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

www.Prima.co.uk/leisure/news/a3680/booze.gene..If you can't find it search "Booze gene".On the CH 5 news this morning.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Scientists have discovered a booze gene. So can one be DF for drunkenness if they have a booze gene????

Even if there isn't such thing as a "booze gene", the chemical dependence on alcohol cannot just disappear by reading the bible. Ask many JWs, they can tell you.

• prologos
    prologos

I pity the elders, or the families that have to deal with alcoholism, that clearly runs in families, genes or not, nature vs nurture.To escape, --families will divorce, congregations will disfellowship, Recovery though, is not a 'service, prayer, meetings,- bible study'- remedy, but it happens, try AA.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

There's a dumbass gene too and every JW has it.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yeah, I think the media needs to stop exaggerating.

Not exactly a cause and effect relationship. KLB is associated with alcohol drinking, and its gene product β-Klotho is necessary for FGF21 regulation of alcohol preference

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

If not a "booze gene" what about alcohol addiction being a "chronic disease of the brain"? In an article I wrote that I posted on my website, “Why Did Jehovah’s Witnesses Ignore Princes Drug Additions,” I said,

According to the Surgeon General of the United States, addiction is a “chronic disease of the brain” that has, for far too long, been treated as a “moral failure, a character flaw.” This is exactly how Jehovah’s Witnesses have shamefully handled these cases by simply ignoring the realities and “disfellowship” members who suffer from addictions.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I agree with you all and yes I believe also it's a "chronic disease". What is so sickening about the treatment of JW's that are suffering form this, I have known elders who has a booze problem and will df the lower rf for the same problem,hypocritical...When I left the JW's I rejoin my old church and there was a brother that had a drinking problem and the members embraced him, no shunning.

Something I was thinking about, if there is booze gene Jehovah must had known this will be a problem some day. He knew someday mankind will discover the happy juice, someone squeezed some grapes and let it sit too long and we have booze.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

There wouldn't be too many elders left if they started to DF for too much drinking, there wouldn't be too much of any of the Dubs if they started DFing for drinking, that's how some of them get through the meetings and the rest of them are not drugs, legal and illegal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit