Had to laugh.

by Lost in the fog 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

I had to laugh.

I bumped into a friend who has started going back to the meetings and who has that enthusiastic arm-waving way of talking about the stuff they're hearing from the platform.

In part he's wittering on about some talk they'd had about King David and all of his ups and downs. And says, "and as the speaker emphasized over and over again, we can imitate David because he was a man just like ourselves."

"No he wasn't!" I finally interrupted.

That shut him up. "Think about it," I said, "David had several wives. He was a killer and a soldier. He committed immorality. He engaged in politics becoming a ruler over people. Plus he had an intimate relationship with Jonathan. How many of the congregation you go to are allowed to engage in any of those things?"

And then I walked off leaving him standing there with his mouth opening and closing like a goldfish in a bowl.

Well it gave me a laugh anyway.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Funny story “Lost in the fog” I can picture it very easily.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Neither Jesus, King David or John the Baptist were regular people 😁😁

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

King David great grandmother was a Moabite called Ruth. She wasn’t Jewish. Try doing that in JWland and see how far you’ll get.

• joao
    joao

They have this tendency of saying that if they could do it, so can we! They simply forget that we're living in completely different times and that people are also different. Ignorance and bias reign in the cult!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    and as the speaker emphasized over and over again, we can imitate David

Was this geezer running around naked at the time?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Was this geezer running around naked at the time?" and was he "Dancing before the Lord" like a maniac ?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

King David summoned a married woman to his chambers and had sex with her, then he tried to cover it up and finally arranged for the death of her husband in order to take her as his own wife. God was so angry when he saw this that he... killed David's newborn son.

Maybe people want to empathize with King David because he literally got away with murder, and possibly with kidnap and rape. And anytime he angered God, other people paid the price with their lives. Then he was rewarded by becoming part of the lineage that would lead to the birth of Christ. Kind of a charmed life, when you think about it.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I want to be a musician, virile, and cuckold. I have no desire to murder.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Punky Was this geezer running around naked at the time?

🤣🤣🙌😭

Yup....try doing a David getting up on the platform singing praise to Jehovah buck naked waving a spear and with a beard like Santa Clause! See where THAT gets yuz🤪😜

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit