Perfect response

by Cerise 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

JW's are not "In Christ" since official WT teaching is that Jesus is not the Mediator for average members. They are not born again by the Spirit of God, only the anointed are according to the WT.

if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his - Romans 1: 9

So, your parents advice would actually prevent a person from marrying a JW .

I realize that this is not likely to go over very well.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

What does marry in the Lord even mean? It's vague, if Paul (or whoever stuck that into Paul) meant Only marry believers why didn't he just say Only marry believers. And frankly, who cares what Paul said? Paul also said All things are lawful for me. So marry who you want: all things are lawful for you too.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Kssck... just openend a beer for you JTG, hot here too.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ John Prestor. That was always my understanding.

Paul was instructing those who based their faith in Christ Jesus, i.e. Christians, to marry someone who shared that faith in Christ.

Even first century Christians had differing opinions on certain aspects of their new faith, but the one teaching which was expected of every Christian, was that Jesus was their Messiah. (2 John 9-11)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'd just rattle off all the names of those in the Cong/Circuit/JW friends and associates who have gotten divorced and ask, "How did that work out for them?"

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In reality, to be

"married in the Lord" ,could mean you could be yoked together with anyone in / of 40,000 Christian Religions ?

and you would still be adhering to ,not violating scripture.

• blondie
    blondie

Good point Atlantis, I have used that on jws, that Joseph married the daughter of a priest of On, a pagan god. Wow.

I forgot to add that Esther was encouraged by an Israelite relative to marry a Persian king, definitely not a worshipper of the Israelite god.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Just to correct the typo Sea breeze on the very important verse you mentioned.

It's Roman's 8:9 that states that those who are bereft of the Spirit are not His.

And you are right, over 99 percent of JWs claim they are not indwelt by the Spirit of God.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Ok, Ok,. Just why do they know that the other person is not a Witness? Just tell them that he or she goes to a different congregation and get married by a judge. Unless of course the person looks weird such as wearing a beard or piercings, in which case you shouldn't be getting married to that one.

• Cerise
    Cerise
    Rattigan: Excuse me? My boyfriend does have a very nice short beard so I shouldn’t be with him? Judgemental much?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit