Please explain the meaning of this wt 2018/10 article

by Gorbatchov 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Hearing and reading that sort of WT bullshit just gives me a headache. Pulled it right out of their asses they did. They discredit the Finished Mystery content but sing its praises. What a schizoid religion.
  • Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Another article about doing the ministry. They will make same articles after 1000 years. In 3018 they will publish the same stuff. Telling members that in 1918 brothers and sisters didn't stop.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed
    One man who received the book shared it with his friends immediately. He was “struck” by its message. He recounts: “I was walking down Third Avenue [and] I was struck on the shoulder by what I thought was a brick, but, alas, it was ‘The Finished Mystery.’ I brought it home and read it all. . . . I have since learned that it was a preacher . . . who threw the book from his window in a rage . . . By that one act of his I firmly believe that he converted more people to a living hope than by any other act of his life. . . . Through this preacher’s wrath we now praise God.”

Remember how they used to tell a story of a Brother who witnessed on a train? He gave a truth book to a businessman who then tossed it out the window. It hit a man who was contemplating suicide but then he read the book and became a Witness. Same old crap.

At this meeting, held on January 5, 1918, several prominent men who had been dismissed from Bethel attempted to gain control of the organization. Richard H. Barber, a faithful traveling overseer, opened the meeting with prayer. After a report on the preceding year’s work, the annual election of directors was held. Brother Barber nominated Joseph Rutherford and six other brothers. Then an attorney who sided with the opposers nominated seven other men, including the ones who had been dismissed from Bethel. They were defeated. By an overwhelming majority, the shareholders elected Brother Rutherford and six other faithful brothers to be directors.

Then they go on about how they got the upperhand and voted in "Judge" Rutherford. Probably wanting to prove that God is with them. Or maybe they are fearful of more spiritual men trying to take the reins away from them. Or they want to make up a few stories to instill fear of apostates trying to take over from within. Or maybe there are those within trying to turn the tide.

Canadian officials banned the book on February 12, 1918, alleging that it contained seditious and antiwar statements. Shortly thereafter, officials in the United States followed suit.

If it wasn't, why did they tear out the pages? Those early magazines were nothing but political so it isn't surprising that The Finished Mystery book was too.

Then they admit that even tho the Government told them not to distribute the book, WT ignored that. It wasn't the bible, just a book some man wrote. So they go against God's authority claiming that they are doing God's work by pushing their book.

Probably just feeds into the whole Russian ban and we might be persecuted next.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Try quoting that book in a talk etc in the KH and you will see your ass for 'Postasy

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah`s Witnesses speak with a forked tongue , they speak out of both sides of their mouth .

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I am surprised they keep reminding people that over 100 years have passed and nothing has happened.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I will go to that meeting just to read some of the bat shit crazy stuff that's in it

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

almost no one reads the not-for-study articles, so they can do these things like praise a book that said the steam train would bring the end of the world.

• blownaway
    blownaway

For the mind numb fools who follow this will tell them that the cult is dealing with the apostate criticism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit