Does anyone under the age of 25 know what KFC stands for? (What about WT or JW?)

by stuckinarut2 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Isn't KFC a Witness term? Announcing Jehovah's KFC (Kingdom Full of Crap).

• freddo
    freddo

truth_b_known

COBE or CoBE is the "Co-ordinator of the Body of Elders."

But your point is well made.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Have any Kingdom Halls actually had that name actually removed? The one my family goes too hasn't?

• Moster
    Moster

I am twice over 25 and haven't a clue what KFC stands for. As for the Halls in Edmonton Canada, they are sporting both the Kingdom Hall sign and the JW.org sign

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Korean Fried Chicken.........and its delicious.

• NotBlind
    NotBlind
    Yes, the GB have removed all signs saying "Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses" and "Watchtower" and watchtower logos from every location.

Not quite. Watchtower logos were never officially sanctioned by the home office to be placed on Kingdom Halls at all, and the few that were on KHs have supposedly been removed (except where it is structurally difficult to do so).

Every dedicated Kingdom Hall is expected to have its standard "Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses" sign up, in addition to the website logo.

Speaking of KFC, if they started selling fried chicken out of the literature counter, KH attendance might actually go up!

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

So will the next generation (overlapping generation sorry) of witnesses and non-witnesses even know about the society's previous names?

I don't know how old you are Stuckinarut2 but I'm sure (like me) you were unaware of what the JW's before you were told and what effect it had on their life. I have found that the younger JW's of today, don't really care what happened before they came onto the current JW scene. They are able to dismiss the experiences of those who came before them quite easily, without seeing the pattern that we (of a certain age) are able to recognize.

When current JW's hear about "Miracale Wheat, Beth Sarim and UN membership" they view them as amusing anecdotes from the past and even chuckle at the notion that JW's once believed (for example) that Immunization against disease, was at one time considered to be against God's will.

So on it goes....the more things change....the more things stay the same.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Moster - I am glad I am not alone. I am a long time past 25 and I have no clue what KFC stands for, other than Kentucky Fried Chicken. One of my favorite things.

Can someone please enlighten me?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good point Pete Zahut.

Yes, anything that occurred before the current generation, is considered irrelevant sadly.

They just don't see that looking into the society's history is so valuable in order to see the present clearly!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

All the KH's around display the sign "Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses" , with the blue board logo JW.Org tacked on somewhere.

I am an 60 year veteran of JW land and have no idea what KFC would mean in dub parlez....Is it an American thing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit