Osiris-Dionysus

by yxl1 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    This is an article that poses an interesting theory about the composite figure called Jesus. I post this only for it's references and as an example of the various interpretations of the evidence. I in no whay suggest the writing of the so called Church fathers should be accepted as authentic or unaltered. All evidence strongly points to extensive rewriting and psuedodepigraphica in the works of the major Christian authors. Coinsidering the weight these early teachers had, it is not surprising Catholic editors tweaked them here and there. To my mind, an extent passage that betrays doctrine which later orthodox Christians would have deemed heresey appears more authentic than those that support later theological developements like the Virgin birth and Trinity. A Discovery, The Crucified, Simon, Zealots and Essenes
  • Narkissos
    Narkissos

Thanks Pete: very interesting and challenging article. I still feel something's missing to account for the specific content of the first Pauline epistles, but the thesis points to the obvious lack of any reliable information on "Christianity" before Paul. I doubt Jesus can be altogether identified to Simon son of Judas, but there might be an important relationship between them. The "third quest" of the "historical Jesus" is just beginning, I guess...

• fdsjeffanthony
    fdsjeffanthony

I read alot of a guy named David Icke, he's a student of the Illuminati influence behind the scenes. He realizes the Pagan roots of Modern Churchianity and uses that to exemplify the influences of man-made religion. Have any of you tried to sit down and try to invent something new? How about inventing a new way to think? How many of you think you could have sat down with 100 of your smartest buddies and though up religion without ever seing it before? It is beyond the scope of my ability to comprehend...

Here's my take on this matter. Adam walked around the garden for who knows how lingf before Eve came and the resultant fall took place. He must have known God's divine plan to introduce sin into the world through Eve/Satan in order to show all me the attributes he and they would/should possess. The bible is clear (if you could see without Watchtower shades) in that it was God's will to send Jesus to be the atoning/reconciliating sacrifice. That this was ordained since the creation of time itself. Adam, therefore, must have known the plan for Jesus to die. The fallen angels, who brought all the ideas of reading/writing, geometry, religion, government, land ownership, etc. likely had an idea of what God's plan was too. Read "Two Babylons" http://www.piney.com/HislopTOC1.html and you will find that Nimrod claimed to be the promised savior, the one who stomped the serpent's head. They must have had some kind of foreknowledge of the basic idea for reconciliation through blood.

My point is that the pagan/babylonian religions had the form of truth based in idolatry way before christians started to serve those same idols of truth (cross, holidays, mother, child, dove, etc). It does not mean that Christianity was strictly pagan in nature, it meant that the pagans were really following a corrupted version of what the New Covenant would bring. They believed the promised messiah had already come in the form of Nimrod/Bacchus/Horus/Dionysus/Son/Sun/Hercules/Orion/Tammuz/etc.

Agape,

Jeff

• bebu
    bebu

A small comment about the site avishai posted...

"Beddru of Japan", in an impressive list of Christs who have been born of virgins, died, and then rose again... who is this figure? I haven't been able to find any info on him via google--just his name on the same list. Even on an encyclopedia mythica, nothing remotely similar. The closest figure I have ever known that comes close to Christ in Japanese religion/folklore is Amida Buddha, who is compassionate and is said to rescue the dying if they turn to him.

If anyone knows anything helpful about this historical/mythical figure, let me know. This name appears fabricated for padding the list, and leads me to suspect that some of the other names are non-existent or "stretched" into fitting the given profile.

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit