Crossroads, Farkel, et al. re Tree of Knowing Bad.

by AGuest 13 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace!

Dear Crossroads, may I ask how is that we can conclude that the Tree of Knowledge was not to be used... or even never to be? Indeed, Adam and Eve were told not to eat of it, but what makes you think ALL beings were? Seems pretty logical to ME that Satan had already eaten of it. Maybe a few other spirit beings did, too. And how do we know that the 'command' to Adam and Eve not to eat would have stood to time indefinite?

Isn't it possible (it is, but I am asking you...), that once they reached the 'height' they were SUPPOSED to, becoming 'like' God NOT because of eating, but because of OBEYING, that eventually the tree would have had NO affect on them, just as it had none on God?

Things that make you go "hmmmmmm"...

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• NeedTime
    NeedTime

Interesting ... this could take you places in the thinking department.

NT

• crossroads
    crossroads

Satan ate of that tree you are really off in no where land.
    Since when do spirit beings eat or do you have new scrolls
    opened to you. As far as the command goes that god of
    yours line is that he does not change whats good today
    is good tomorrow.

Your line of thinking is as diluted as the being that set
    this game up to begin with.

• crossroads
    crossroads

Oh one more thing WHAT HEIGHT? They were suppose
    to fill the earth and subdue it. They did even with little
    fatherly help. WHAT HEIGHT were they suppose to be gods
    or humans

• kes152
    kes152

Crossroads,

did you NOT read that spirits DO eat?

Here, try Psalms 78:25

"Men ate the very bread of ANGELS ...."

Now WHO is in "no where" land?

Peace to you,
    Aaron

• Farkel
    Farkel

You are lost, my dear bunny.

: Dear Crossroads, may I ask how is that we can conclude that the Tree of Knowledge was not to be used... or even never to be?

If it wasn't to be used, then why did God insist that it not be used? He would have never done that if it were not to be used. He did that because he thought it might be used. Furthermore, he put the damn thing in the garden to begin with and he made that proclamation that it shouldn't be "used." Why would he do that if it was not significant in the lives of Adam, Eve an all of our destinies? (You never ask simple questions like this.)

:Indeed, Adam and Eve were told not to eat of it, but what makes you think ALL beings were?

What makes you think that all beings outside of Adam and Eve WERE or WOULD BE given the possibility to eat of it? Anything scriptural will do. Just anything. Once again Shelby, you like so many xtian apologists are just making up stuff to try to explain goofy stuff that shouldn't have to be explained. Why would God give us all this goofy stuff and expect the average non-superhuman-psychic to understand it? It's sad, really.

: Seems pretty logical to ME that Satan had already eaten of it.

Huh? Satan was an angel, remember? Angels are spirits, remember? They don't exist in the physical (three dimensional world), remember? Eating a piece of fruit off a tree IS three-dimensional, remember? So given that, when and how did Satan eat from that tree? Did he trans-morgrify himself into a three-dimensional being and eat of it, or what?

Your stuff gets more goofy as it goes, Shelby.

: Maybe a few other spirit beings did, too.

Well, YOU'RE the seer, not me! Ask your source! Then there will be no "maybes" about it! Ask him how they had to trans-morgrify themselves to do it, though. I'm most curious about that part.

: And how do we know that the 'command' to Adam and Eve not to eat would have stood to time indefinite?

Did God set a time limit on it? When God gives a law, does he say "this is good for 5 years and 3 months and 10 days?" If God doesn't set a time limit on one of his laws, are you are me or anyone else arrogant enough to tell the rest of the world when that law "expires?" I'm not. Are you? Are you going to question the time limits on God's laws when he set none?

Farkel
    "Shakin' the bush, Boss. Shakin' the bush."

• crossroads
    crossroads

YEAH and the apostels eat HIS body and DRANK his
    blood too.
    "Nowhere man please LISTEN you don't know what
    your missin' "

• Farkel
    Farkel

kes,

: did you NOT read that spirits DO eat?

Do spirits have stomachs, then? Do they pass waste? If so, how do they do that?

Do they have "spiritual dumps," or what? I'n curious about this.

Farkel

• crossroads
    crossroads

Aguest did you do that little exercise I asked you to
    do on the other TREE thread. I don't understand why
    we had to jump over here or why you even started
    another one besides this one. But when all is lost
    I guess it's always best to punt . Well heading for
    the hay now I hope you do the same and get some
    of your glorious visions so we can come closer to
    knowing what this YHWH has in store for us next.

• kes152
    kes152

Hey Farkel,

Do spirits have stomachs, then? Do they pass waste? If so, how do they do that?

I have not heard the spirit say whether they have "stomachs" or not, but he DID say that "We do not waste food, like you do."

When we eat, our stomach breaks down the hardest parts of the food while our intestines break down the smaller components of food. While our food is absorbed through the intestines, our Body only uses 1/3 of what ever amount we eat, and discards the rest.

When spirits eat, they actually "consume" all the food and every particle makes them stronger. They don't "waste" food, they use all of it. Thus a spirit body is "more advantageous" than a "physical" limited body.

Proof?

John 6:53, 54, 58 the "true manna" (you know angels' food)

If you eat more, that means you have more "what" inside you?

Having more of "that" inside you would thus make you STRONGER.

And after you consume it, does it dwell "inside you?"

Peace,
    Aaron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit