More push over "bad assoc." online

by Mysterious 19 Replies latest jw friends

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

The society doesn't seem to realize that the internet is not to blame. The problem is not technology, it is communication.

The internet is an enabler that allows persons to communicate widely and freely. This has always been their worst enemy. But since JWs themselves are a small part of society, the x-JW community is really just a fringe of a fringe. Never before could this tiny group get together to exchange information and surreptitiously slip information inside the organization.

If the internet didn't accomplish this, then something else in our technology rich world would have done it. Their days are numbered.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Mysterious it comes as no surprise. They don't want their flock hanging out with anyone outside of the hall. When you leave all they do is hammer home how "she hung out with worldly people"

Hey I sinned as much with dubs as non dubs. There was no good association at the hall.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I can see the WTS completely banning the internet from the R&F, but keeping their website up. It would be typical of those hypocrites.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    Ha! I can't imagine what my wife would do if she caught me on this site. Probaly start crying and turn me into the elders.

It is to not laugh: I know an aposto-brother, former pioneer, who was turned in by his wife when she caught him on H2O. Then she divorced him. He used to go by the name of Snowball. He's OK now, though, but it was a hard struggle -- he was hospitalized for 3 months with a stress-related skin condition, if I remember right.

GentlyFeral

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    This is absolutely correct. The old boys in NY just don't want us getting any info unless it comes straight from them.

Don't you mean straight from Jehovah? After all everything else is straight from satan.

• Sassy
    Sassy

The congregations I was in ALWAYS discourage online ANYTHING.. with the exception of looking at the societies web site or emails to your personal family or cong members.. all other association they acted as it was taboo..

• thetruthaboutjws
    thetruthaboutjws

I love killing my friends online. course I was always in truble with the facial hair thing so i would most likley be a rebel for this one to (if I where still a dub)

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dear RunningMan: While I agree with your comments, I do question the statement about the ex-JW's being a fringe of a fringe. I think there are more ex-JW's than there are active ones now. And with the advancement of the internet we are coming together as never before. We tent to be smarter, wealthier, and more pro-active than the average J-dud. I feel I have done more good in the ten months I've been out than in the twenty four years I was in. And the influence is amplified as a result of the web. This medium is very powerful and nearly impossible to censor.

As ex JW's purge the WTS's BS they come into contact with family and friends who may be Duds or know Duds. Ex JW's then 'infect' these contacts and thus the infection grows. We are better at witnessing against the J-dud Masters because ours is a message the people WANT to hear and can relate to! Many people have horror stories about JW family, workmates or neighbors. I have heard all kinds of stuff and when I tell these folks about the WTS policy that promoted the Duds behavior these people then understand what a mess the J-duds are! Maverick

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

GentlyFeral,

After I read your post about this xjw (Now). his wife must have been very unhappy in her marriage, just to divorce him because he was on H2O. She sounds like a selfish bitch with some real issues.

You know that the Society is forever screaming at the congregation elders to tell publishers to avoid the internet. They the WTS, is in fear of the bros. becoming intelligent in a worldly way, and they WTS want to keep the cong. is their grasp. They don't want persons to think in an rebellious way. Remember that this is Satan's world and he instills rebellion and free thinking. And god forgive them for being free thinking persons!! The Society is already loosing 1000,s of witnessess Losing many JW and it has nothing to do with the Net, its just that some of them have come to see the hypocricy of Society.

We as humans have the right to be free thinking and isn't that one of the qualities of God. Free will and all. Mysterious a good thread.

Orangefatcat. aka Terry.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    As ex JW's purge the WTS's BS they come into contact with family and friends who may be Duds or know Duds. Ex JW's then 'infect' these contacts and thus the infection grows. We are better at witnessing against the J-dud Masters because ours is a message the people WANT to hear and can relate to! Many people have horror stories about JW family, workmates or neighbors. I have heard all kinds of stuff and when I tell these folks about the WTS policy that promoted the Duds behavior these people then understand what a mess the J-duds are!

That's definitely true. I know all my friends who know what I've gone through would never even consider becoming dubs and would fight tooth and nail against anyone they know who wants to become one. I even have friends who come to me for information on de-programming dubs that they know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit