More push over "bad assoc." online

by Mysterious 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It was at the meeting I ducked out of yesterday, mom told me all the highlights.

Apparently they are starting to crack down on online gaming because it lets you associate with "worldly" people. This was further extended to chat (which they have been after for years) and online communities. Think the borg are finally starting to realize that too many people are finding out about "real life" through the internet and they have to get them back under control?

Mom of course is now pushing me that I spend too much time online, and especially on message boards. (hah at least she doesnt know about this one!).

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Would you like for me to moon the elders for you?

• Turnpike Mike
    Turnpike Mike

Ha! I can't imagine what my wife would do if she caught me on this site. Probaly start crying and turn me into the elders.

I am surprised they are just now mentioning the online gaming communities. Instead of Parental Controls on AOL perhaps they should invent JW Controls for AOL. Can you imagine the large amount of witnesses that would switch to AOL for that feature!! haha. Wouldn't work though. It would have to restrict everything.

To be honest, I am surprised that Witnesses are allowed to even use the internet.

• greven
    greven

Online gaming is bad association?

I'm not associating with them, I am blowing them to bits!

What's wrong with fragging evil scum? Eat hot lead demon! LOL

I just having judgement day a little earlier...that's all!

Greven

• drawcad_1
    drawcad_1

Information control can only last for a certain time and only for the hard liners. With the massive amounts of information out there it is truly a good time for apostates and people that want to get out.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Hopefully we will get a few more lurkers. I sent out Holiday Greeting cards to all the old duds that caused me so much trouble and added a P.S. telling them if they want to know the truth about the "truth" to look here! They will probably have another Elders meeting of Sunday about it! Maverick

• outnfree
    outnfree

Mav,

you crack me up!

• Panda
    Panda

Mav, Just imagine if the elders wives get those cards first... everyones phone will be ringing.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Actually it will end up being self-defeating for them -- if there is so much control and so many articles and talks about going online etc. JWs and especially the younger ones will get more and more curious -- "Just what is it they do not want us to see" type mentality.

• Room 215
    Room 215

No surprises here... their reflexive answer to the propriety of any undertaking beyond the cramped four walls of your local KH is ``NO!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit