Ridiculous Picture!

by Iamallcool 32 Replies latest jw friends

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    If they were honest, in articles such as these, they would write: Despite persecution, we will uphold our practice of shunning, our refusal of blood and non collaboration with authorities in cases pertaining to paedophilia.

A good summation and, if they used that type of lanuage, i bet they would get the exact same result. The loyal jw’s would that paragraph as “we are persecuted for upholding the desert god’s standards”. Same/same in their minds.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The modern day wt organization really likes to pattern itself after "god's chosen people" the Israelites. Wasn't it right after the Israelites entered the "promised land" that they put together a 620,000 man army? Maybe it's time for jw's to put together an army! After all they have god on their side and we can all see how jehober protects his people!

just saying!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

It happened in Russian recently.

It happened in Germany during World War II.

I can happen again.

It's the where and why questions that have to be answered.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

There are so many legal hoops that modern democratic countries would have to jump through to get to the police-state conditions that would enable raids on church groups that at this point, the idea is almost laughable.

I started cluing in to that as far back as the 90s; it was how I realized that the "Great Tribulation" couldn't just start at the drop of a hat the way so many loyal JWs assumed...

...the socio/geo-political environment simply wouldn't allow for it; a shit-ton of other things would have to happen first just to lay the groundwork.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

@Vidiot

That’s exactly how I thought, I always doubted this stupid prophecy and that helped me wake up. If governments did try this ban, we would be at war with Muslims on the streets of western countries.

A few million brain dead JWs spread around the world has got nothing on Islam.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Is this what Watchtower Studies are like now; Only 18 short paragraphs and controlled to the point where they tell you what scriptures to read? Are the studies still one hour?

• waton
    waton

wt likes to see itself as the center of the universe. Think of the delusion of grandeur, the arrogance to state that "Babylon the Great has fallen" aka the " Empire of [all] false religion" in 1918/19, -- because wt directors were released from the penitentiary.(without penance).

Today, 100 years later, billions are in conflict because of religious differences. indifferences.

Of course Milton Henschel was beaten up in Africa at a district convention. Warren Shoefeld, Bethel heavy in Georgia, Malawi, Wartime Germany, DDR.

All peanuts compared what "the world" did, and is doing to it's own.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

This is the GB police in Paradise, hunting for apostates...

G.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Is this not to be welcomed?

Did Jesus not say, " ...Happy are you when people persecute you"?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Funny... I'd always thought that Jesus promised protection for his sheep during the Great Trib.

Or did the Org change it to say, "...remain faithful unto me, and a firing squad will be your reward..."?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit