Dressed up five days ahead of special assembly in Puerto Rico!!

by never a jw 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

You MUST maintain that "crisp" JW image at all times. When I see people like this I always wonder what REALLY is going on in their lives.

• darkspilver
  • never a jw
    never a jw

Sliding,

That's funny, but very, very close to reality

Joe1234

I believe they arranged their own flight (quite cheap, about $450 round trip from Calif.). But I don't know the rest.

James J.

I was told that it was not international because only 4 or 5 countries were invited, Brazil, Cuba, U.S, and Guyana.

3 hours ago
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver

I was told that it was not international because only 4 or 5 countries were invited, Brazil, Cuba, U.S, and Guyana.

Seems WT are doing a 'rolling' program of these special conventions with people from half-a-dozen or so countries being invited to each one.

Apart from the currently used website at www.jw2016.org WT also owns

jw2017.org

jw2018.org

jw2019.org

jw2020.org

• dozy
    dozy

The WTBTS seems to be cutting a lot of these deals at the moment with host cities ( especially areas & locations that aren't exactly premium tourist destinations which are desperate for some bulk visitors to fill hotel rooms etc ) . They are getting heavily subsidised venues by promising the local authorities X thousand numbers of "delegates" ( haha ) & the authority often doesn't realise that JWs are probably the cheapest tourists on record.

• blondie
    blondie

jws are told to wear meeting type clothes when going to the hotel they are staying at for the assembly/convention and wear the badge. Not to show up like they are on vacation. I wonder how they wear a badge on their swimsuit in the pool? Do they wear white t-shirts to be sure they are modest? I wonder if they can take off their suit jacket when they are not on stage? I visited Hawaii and they took them off on soon as they were away from the stage area. Brothers in Hawaii did the same inside the KH even with AC and sisters wore muumuus and sandals. A missionary from Papua New Guinea showed us what he (the CO) wore at the assembly, short sleeve shirt, shorts and sandals.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    They are going to ridiculous lengths to save a badly damaged image.

I'd argue, "WHAT image?" The older I get, the more I understand that the vast majority of people barely realize JWs even exist.

I think pale.emperor hit the nail on the head:

NO ONE ever asks what the badge is for, they just assume (quite rightly) we're a bunch of weirdo's with GOD and JEHOVAH pinned to our chests.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I know of a 'brother' who traveles a lot for the WT regional building committee which now is known as the LDC and the dress code is...suit and tie the minute you leave your home, get on the plane until you reach your destination. And if sister elder is traveling with him, she needs to dress looking like a grandma as well. What idiots!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit