Who Are You?

by compound complex 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jp1692
    jp1692

Thanks, CoCo.

• LV101
    LV101

I feel your pain and concern re/your own child/children in the cult. I can't read enough topics about it's demise no matter how unrealistic/absurd. Escapism is certainly not the answer but hope is always there. I constantly remind myself to allow people to be who they are -- even JWs. Doesn't matter - nothing I can do.

Great video link re/depression -- what a hold.

• compound complex
    compound complex

IT'S A STRANGE TWIST, somewhat for the better, but not a totally satisfying state of affairs.

More and more of my family's younger members, raised as Witnesses, have left the organization (some very recently). On the one hand, I am grateful once again to be in contact with them. On the other hand, however, I feel bad for their still-in family who must grieve for their "lost" children.

We all lose, somehow or another . . .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Call me Ishmael.

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

Call me Jonah.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, punk and Tara.

I appreciate your pithy posts; would you kindly explain. Your meaning is probably obvious, but I just awoke and the cobwebs have yet to clear.

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

LOL.

Call me Ishmael, the narrator in Herman Melville's Moby Dick.

Call me Jonah, Kurt Vonnegut's The Cat's Cradle.

I was just poking at Punky.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Tara!

Some people need a poke!

Edited to add:

Now I get it! I asked a question, viz., "WHO ARE YOU?", and you both replied. Takes so little to throw me off track!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

coco - tara - It's been a bloody long time since I had a poke, I can tell ya.

• compound complex
    compound complex

That's what friends are for! Thanks for posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit