Did you ever had any TRUEl Friends in the WTS?

by Rick Aust 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have a very close friend who is still a JW, and still my closest non-family friend. We are as close as any sisters, and she has 5 of them, but says she is closer to me. We have been buddies for over 30 years, raised our children together, and two of our sons are best friends still (both are ex JW's too). She has always told me that she will never shun me, but it will make her life more difficult if we get df'd.

I can call her for help on anything, and she is there in a heartbeat for me, or for any of my kids. And I do the same for her. When I had my fourth baby (an emergency premature C section) she came to the rescue for Rachel, and took her to the first day of school (4th grade) and cooked for the family and came to see me everyday. When I came home from the hospital, she organized "sisters" to cook and clean for us, and still came herself everyday. We live very close, and she calls me, or comes over, several times a day.

Her husband resigned as an elder over our friendship, because he felt there was nothing wrong with it, since we haven't been df'd or da'd. His stated reason was "I don't want to stumble anyone as an elder"...............so he resigned.

So, yes, I have a TRUE friend in the WTS.

• Valis
    Valis

The guy who was my age and left at the same time I did was really my only TRUE friend there. After I left he was the only young person from any of the congos I had been in to even speak to me. I still see him out and about from time to time, but our lives have diverged for better or worse perhaps. I guess to me a true friend won't leave me when I am in a bad way cuz the kitchen gets to hot. AND a true friend will let you screw up and make an ass of yourself, give you hell for it, make you the butt of many jokes about it THEN let it drop...in that order...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Can You Tell I'm Working?" class

• bebu
    bebu

Maverick and Mulan,

That is so inspiring! I love to hear that kind of news. What a blessing for you both!

bebu

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

My best friend, he and I grew up together since we were babies. He has always been my best friend and he remained my friend after I told him I was gay. And he remains my friend as I slowly pull ties with the WTS. And he has vowed to always be there for me even when I am totally out of the organization. He cares about me unconditionally as a person and would do anything to help me. That is a true friend, and I met him on the inside.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

my wife sometime back (2weeks) went into the hospital with chest pains, was kept for observation, tested, iv'd and finally let go. She got the flu there, but hereis where the love comes in. From the congregation no calls, no stop bys, nada, and believe me i pointed that out to her. She received a lot of support and help from old worldly friends, some as far away as texas, florida, ohio etc. but here at home from the congregation, nothing.

The cong was informed, at the book study, so no excuses. Hopefully this will help to start opening her eyes. She had a close friend or at least she thought so, nothing from them not a call, nothing. This is from the same people we stood by during some very hard times for them, we didn't forsake them or turn away from them. But now she (my wife) realizes they were never the good friends she thought they would be. Lesson learned or at least hope she is learning from this. Buff

s

• simplesally
    simplesally

Haven't had a chance to read through the comments, but I did meet ONE true friend. We both aren't JW's now. But she was the one who took the chance and stayed friends with me. It is sns. She risked it. I didn't "turn" her as some JWs would now surmise, their own hypocrisy did it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit