Would you leave the Watchtower if you woke up at age 80 plus, or just stay in for the rest of your life.

by pistolpete 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

3RDGEN:

That is a wonderful story about your elderly mother in law and I’m glad she learned TTATT in a gradual non-traumatic way.

I think this is rather unusual though for the average elderly person in the JW religion who does not have close family already Out...but I am glad this worked out for her.

For the most part, most elderly JWs who catch on HAVE to play it very carefully unless they want their life turned upside down and have all sorts of drama!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I am in a similar situation with my elderly father. This has put me in a love hate relationship with WT. Nothing would bring me more delight than seeing wt go down in a blaze of glory. Ironically ,for my fathers sake, it’s an apostate who is trying to shield him from unfavourable information. For example, when “the witness” documentary aired on tv, It was an apostate that took him out to dinner to prevent him accidentally stumbling on it through channel surfing. It is an apostate who has learnt to keep his mouth shut when his father tells him about the apostate driven lies. To wake him now would just be an unkindness, and send him to an early grave. I would much rather be an apostate that kept his mouth shut, than been true to myself and killing him. He’s happy and content, looking forward to been reunited with his wife. So let him be.

I think of the trauma of my exit, when I was in my early 30s. If I had a choice of going through the same process in my 80s and in poor health. I would choose to remain ignorant. There would be no good in knowing that I had wasted years, in the twilight of my life

• waton
    waton
    To wake him now would just be an unkindness, and send him to an early grave.

j 123: there is a great movie "" good bye lenin" about an east berlin family, that is trying to shield their mother from the truth of the fall of the wall, a fact that is suppose to put her in mortal danger because of her medical condition.

ha ha, turns out she hated the communist government all along. you just never know.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Some are just to far in life to get out of the grips of the JW's. I hope in my life time I'll get to see Watchtower finally crash and burn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit