I need sources for all the times JWs have expected Harmageddon

by Etude 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Etude
    Etude

Hi all:

I expect that 2 new JW guys in the area are going to revisit me. The left some brochures emphasizing how bad the world is and talking about the end. I need to break through with examples (WT articles, publication excerpts, etc) so that they can gag a bit. I have encountered this info before but am pressed for time. Can anyone help? Point me to past threads of any publication that encompasses this them.

Thanks

Etude.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They left some brochures emphasizing how bad the world is and talking about the end.

Its just fear mongering bullshit the WTS uses to support their assertion/Doctrine that mankind is living the last days or End Times, because the WTS. made a false doctrine of 1914.

The truthful reality is the that the conditions on this planet for mankind have gotten better in the last century or more.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It should be noted that the WTS's doctrines were strategically devised to attract attention to the literature this publishing house makes and to enhance the proliferation of those pieces of literature.

The WTS and its associated following the JWS are commercialized false Prophets and have been for over 140 years.

• blondie
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Here's how you can get them to run away.

"So you guys believe in the great Flood when God decided the entire world was wicked and everyone needed to die?

So He caused the great Flood which killed everyone who were not in the ARK.

And that included every man, women and child as well as the unborn didn't it.?

The unborn were drowned is that correct?

Does the WT Society support abortions?

You guys don't believe the unborn should be aborted do you?

God caused a flood that killed the unborn and then the world returned to it's evil ways isn't that right?

So apart from killing every human who was not on the ARK what changed? What was accomplished?

Come back when you figure this out."

• blondie
    blondie

Why for years did the WTS say that miscarried babies would not be resurrected?

Still in 2009 the WTS dances around the answer to this which still implies that they would not be?

If miscarried babies are not to be resurrected, then they were not really alive, how is that different than abortion?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009285#h=1:0-18:56

Does all of this mean, then, that the Bible teaches that children who perish before birth will be resurrected? We must emphasize that the Bible does not directly answer that question, so there is no basis for humans (or the GB, my comment) to be dogmatic on the matter. This subject may give rise to an almost endless variety of questions. Really, though, it seems best to avoid speculation. What we know is this: The matter rests with Jehovah God, who is abundant in loving-kindness and mercy. (Ps. 86:15) Unquestionably, it is his heartfelt desire to undo death by means of the resurrection. (Job 14:14, 15) We can be confident that he always does what is right. He will provide healing for the many wounds inflicted upon us by life in this wicked system of things as he lovingly directs his Son to “break up the works of the Devil.”​—1 John 3:8.

---the WTS says that "the Bible does not say but" and then goes on to speculate.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/s/r1/lp-e?q=%22the+bible+does+not+say+but%22&p=sen&r=newest

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Or Etude you could just shut down the conversion in this way by stating you accept the bible writings as mythological fictional story telling inter mixed with historical facts ie. the flood etc Armageddon by the hands of Yahweh or Jesus .

.......and then you can state that mankind is living in better living conditions than every before in human history. health wise , life longevity , crime and that was accomplished solely by human efforts and endeavors, not anything supernatural by gods..

JWs for most part are not well educated but they have been educated by the misinformation and ignorance by the WTS leaders who are looking to cultivate followers who they can exploit and manipulate, such as publicly promoting the literature the WTS publishes.

• blondie
    blondie

Note the WTS statements in 1969 regarding stillborn children where the WTS speculates:

Furthermore, resurrection is for persons who have lived as individuals before Jehovah. Even a child who lives for only a short time after birth has existed as a separate person. But a miscarried fetus or stillborn child, though from a Biblical standpoint considered a “soul” while it was developing, never actually lived as a separate and distinct individual. So it would appear that such situations do not fall under the resurrection provision outlined in the Bible.—Acts 24:15.

·

4 For in just seven days, I will make it rain+ on the earth for 40 days and 40 nights,+ and I will wipe from the surface of the ground every living thing that I have made.”+

... 23 So He wiped every living thing from the surface of the earth, including man, animals, creeping animals, and the flying creatures of the sky. They were all wiped off the earth;+ only Noah and those with him in the ark survived.+

·

nwtsty Genesis 1:1-50:26 - Study Bible (including unborn babies, for the sins of their parents)

Women here are destroyed, including pregnant women:

They immediately moved away from the tents of Korʹah, Daʹthan, and A·biʹram, from every side, and Daʹthan and A·biʹram came out, taking their stand at the entrance of their tents, together with their wives, their sons, and their little children.

Deut. 2:33

Jehovah our God handed him over to us, so that we defeated him, his sons, and all his people.34 We captured all his cities at that time and devoted every city to destruction, including men, women, and children. We left no survivor.+

Deut: 20:16

Only of the cities of these peoples that your God Jehovah is giving you as your estate you shall not leave alive anything that breathes,

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    “...This subject may give rise to an almost endless variety of questions. Really, though, it seems best to avoid speculation...”

Translation: ”Stop asking questions we don’t have answers to! It makes feel stupid and embarrassed for not knowing, and we don’t like it!!!”

• vienne
    vienne

You should be aware that Russell viewed Armageddon significantly differently from Rutherford and modern Witnesses. Russell saw it as human chaos, a struggle between haves and have-nots. About 1929 Rutherford promoted the current. He thought it was near in the 1920s. Later he expected World War 2 to lead into Armageddon. The Consolation's editor thought it was months away. There was 'informal' speculation about 1954 because it was forty years after 1914, a supposed parallel to Moses' life. However, in a general way the Watchtower was advising caution, saying there was a vast work ahead. Nineteen seventy-five was a year of high expectation. And now ... they seem to believe it is imminent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit