This Is So Weird----We Don't Miss Even A Little Bit----Our Being Witnesses!

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I'm gonna buck the tide here a little. Let me say this and then I'll be interested in everyone's thoughts:

I don't think we've "gotten over" being a witness or being duped or mislead or whatever you wanna call it as long as we continue to show up here and post on a regular basis. I'll go away for weeks at a time and think I'm done, I've gotten it out of my system. I can go on with my new life. But something will happen that brings back some of the feelings that I had when trying to come to grips with the whole deception thing. When that happens, I come back here and become a semi-regular again, posting on subjects that interest me.

I know that I have been here a very short time compared to many others and I don't want to offend anyone, but I feel that this is a great place to learn and to use to help yourself heal, but at some point, to completely heal, you have to leave not only what hurt you, but the place that helped you get over it. It's like getting hurt and going to the hospital. At some point, you are healed and you must leave.

I'm now open to entertaining differing opinions. I'm not trying to start a flame war, I'm being truly honest in my thoughts here.

• dolphman
    dolphman

I miss checking out the Witness chicks at district conventions. There were some HOTTIES man i tell you. Some of them were even a little LOOSE.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Hi, Undercover,

I don't think we've "gotten over" being a witness or being duped or mislead or whatever you wanna call it as long as we continue to show up here and post on a regular basis.

First of all, I think there is something of a difference between saying that you have 'gotten over' being a witness and saying that you don't miss it.

Secondly, I do believe there are many people who come here who *have* actually 'gotten over' being a witness but still come here because they've made friends they care about or because they simply want to stay up to date on any of the latest scandals because they still have family in that it will affect.

:::smile::: Of course these are only my opinions... and perhaps I am choosing to believe what I want to believe... nice to have that freedom, though, eh?

Jackie

• shamus
    shamus

You just can't beat the freedom. It leaves a big hole in your life at first, but then you get over it really quick when you see that god wanted us to actually do more than worship him 24/7.

It's freedom!

• minimus
    minimus

"Getting out, mentally" is a process. You see things that you know is not right. as an elder, watching how we're supposed to judge everyone's heart and life , when the Bible says only God can do this. You know that field service is a huge waste of time, yet you go out for the sake of the organization. You hear the complaints and backbiting yet you here all about "the love". And it goes on and on......Eventually, you say, "I got get out along with my family" At this point you plan your escape!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    I miss checking out the Witness chicks at district conventions. There were some HOTTIES man i tell you. Some of them were even a little LOOSE.

You can still go, and now you can do something about it. Say, "I'm disfellowshipped. Wanna go ride my motorcycle and have a beer?" The bad boy image has a great deal of power over a certain kind of dub girl.

Yum yum yum...

I think I might attend the DC this year... heh heh heh...

As far as getting out - it's a gradual thing. I think that me having a relationship with God on my own (I know, I know... whatever) but being able to pray on my own and feel accepted and loved is important to me maintaining my independence.

This site has been invaluable, of course. And the czarina has been a great support.

Mostly, I got involved in the various activities that the world does - holidays, politics, etc. Fills a lot of the void.

CZAR

• freelife
    freelife

I have never felt so free!!!! my "new" life is simply the most awesome thing that i have ever experienced. Now that my eyes have been opened to this so-called "horrible world" i'm really enjoying being a so-called "horrible person"!! I never knew that the world was such an unbelievable place with endless possibilities. I just wish I would've seen the REAL truth a long time ago.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

I dont miss anything. The worst thing I hated was having a conversation with a witness and trying to end it. I would be like wanting to walk away and get away from this boring person and couldn't do it politely. At least with worldy people I just tell them get the F*() awy from me, couldn't do that when I was a pioneer baby bethelite! <---(Gangas terminology)

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome, Freelife!!....it IS nice to be in this "world", now---ain't it??

• justhuman
    justhuman

I really feel the same...I MISS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FROM THE WT

What to miss the same old crap from some old men that they live in Brooklyn, and they believe that they were choosen from God!!!

The following words were part of our daily lifes and we were listening to them over and over again:

Faithfull and discreet slave, truth, Jehovah, 607, 537, 1914, 1919, 1935, enemies of God, unfaithfull, APOSTATE(my favoured) Organization, field service, pioneering, hours, heavenly class, 144.000 saints, other sheep, THE END IS NEAR(my second favoured)

I'm sure that we really have get rid all these craps from our lifes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit