Way to make me look stupid . . .

by Coded Logic 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I can't help but wonder what Justice McClellan and Stuart Angus thinks of the whole affair. It must be as frustrating as it is baffling as to why the Society won't just do what needs doing - there was an exchange in the afternoon session where Justice McClellan asked them why they shun disassociated people, a question which they failed to answer. For a second or two, the camera panned onto His Honour's face. He was not happy, he had a look of thunder.

Angus Stewart then repeated His Honour's question, leading to more JW drivel/non-answers. Justice McClellan then interrupted Mr Stewart and said "we're not going to get anywhere with this".

Later, when O'Brien was basically saying that the issue of monetary redress was not applicable, His Honour quickly interrupted him - "you'd better start thinking about it. Our remit is to look into institutional responses of organisations to child abuse. The JW organisation falls into this category. Inadequate responses compound the victim's suffering, so redress should be pursued", or similar.

Justice McClellan and Angus Stewart must see that the WTS is a cult by now, surely ...

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Why not just not just come out with a new big and beautiful brochure: How to keep Our children safe

It could have all the JW double talk and still get the job done, "Many families when learning about allegations of child abuse seek out the authorities . . . this would certainly be appropriate . . . and sometimes even necessary.

"While the elders in the congregation are here for our spiritual protection they are by no means meant to serve as "judges" over the land. We would encourage the bothers and sisters to leave criminal investigations in the hands of the authorities . . . give Caesar's things to Cesar but God's things to God."

I just don't get it. The main thrust of what the ARC is looking for isn't that hard.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Is there an article/transcript of it all somewhere?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Never mind, found it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit