Way to make me look stupid . . .

by Coded Logic 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

When the ARC made their recommendations to the Society last year I genuinely thought we'd see some real changes. Oh sure, I expected a lot of feet dragging, double talk, and general nonsense - but at the end of the day I was certain the Society would do what they legally had to and then run around claiming:

A.) These new policies and procedures aren't really new we've always done them

B.) JWs have the best practices and policies out of any group ever, aren't we great? Let's all pat ourselves on the back and go tell the R&F how awesome we all are!

But what I did NOT expect was to end up where we are today. After watching the ARC last night I can't help but feel deflated this morning. I had hoped the Society was finally going to get it's act together and start taking some concrete steps to prevent and address sexual child abuse. Instead, they've decided to do next to nothing and only tacitly update their policies and procedures. It's so sad.

The ARC has tremendous expertise and resources that the Society could tap into. Many organisations pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in consulting fees for the type of council the ARC is giving to them for FREE! It's just so damn tragic to watch the Society squander an opportunity for long term change on the cheap merchandise of saving face today. They won't admit they did anything wrong. And they refuse to make the necessary changes to protect children from sexual abuse.

Saying they "abhor child abuse" means nothing when they do nothing to try and stop it. The Watchtower Society is truly a wicked system of things.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I had hoped the Society was finally going to get it's act together and start taking some concrete steps to prevent and address sexual child abuse. Instead, they've decided to do next to nothing and only tacitly update their policies and procedures. It's so sad.

It is a cult, a high demand, controlling group with no interest for any people and no interest in anybody's well being other than their own. Hard to swallow, but the sooner you get it the better for you.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

I also hoped that Watchtower management would willingly do the right thing for the sake of the child victims and potential future victims. But it looks like they will only do so when forced to do so by more caring authorities, like ARC and the Government of the Commonwealth of Australia. Thanks to good people in high places Watchtower will have to pay and it appears that they are now more eager to see that these crimes are reported to the police, so they can document it for the courts. It is not out of the goodness of their hearts, as I had hoped it might be.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, very sad.

As much as I loathe the organisation, I didn't think they would be so stupid and conduct themselves in such an antagonistic and evasive manner.

However the level of contempt they have shown is proof that they truely need to be brought to task.

I sincerely hope that they face tangible, punitive punishment!

• smiddy
    smiddy

It became painfully evident that the WT ORg.will only make much needed changes when forced to by the powers that be ( of Satans ststem of things ) and not because of the goodness of their hearts or because of christian principles or most importantly for the safegaurd of their children .

They just dont get it......They will fight tooth and nail against making any changes that will benefit children and to cling to their failed interpretation of the 2 witness rule., and their cruel policy of shunning.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I can't help but wonder what Justice McClellan and Stuart Angus thinks of the whole affair. It must be as frustrating as it is baffling as to why the Society won't just do what needs doing.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

the good thing is all the new cases of alleged child abuse were reported to the police (only 2 wwere not and this was at the request of the individuals concerned).

also victim and perp will no longer be brought into confrontation. no action will be taken against those who warn others inside the congregation here in Britain. I don't about Australia - I'd think the same would apply there.

with these in place the two witness rule can be sidestepped if victims and parents report to people outside of the org like social workers, counsellors, psychs and police.

the nest step is to advertise these new features as at the moment only the elders know about them. maybe this is something facebookers can do so victims can find out via public news channels and which they can then go back to their elders to verify.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

When I saw Jackson rippling with arrogance it confirmed to me that it's type of insanity these people have. They really believe God will protect them even if they refuse to comply with government directives and continue to harbour criminals within their organisation. Unfortunately once ordinary men have millions of dollars at their disposal and millions of people under their control they think they're indestructible.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Isn't there still time for them to comply? I didn't think it was the end of the process.

If they were facing the situation in the United States and the GB were compelled to attend the response may be different.

Will something force them to change in the end? If not government action then ultimately discontent from within expressing itself in declining membership and donations?

• freddo
    freddo

slimboyfat said "If they were facing the situation in the United States and the GB were compelled to attend the response may be different."

This.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit