jw love

by kilroy2 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

I just had a relitive die in a car accident. he was not a dubber 100% but went to very few meetings and lived a hard life, drank hard and played hard. in fact the drinking is what is thought to have caused the crash. but the point is that his family who are witnesses were not allowed to have his funeral in the hall. in fact the elder that had agreed to give his service was told to back out. so at the last min. his uncle a witness of sorts wrote this half assed crap about how the slate was wiped clean and he was now going to see the new world. sometime in 2034, lol. the funeral director gave it from a lined piece of school paper. as he stumbled over the words poorly I could not help but think that this is gods loving org. they could not have a service in thair ivory tower of a shit hole for the family that was devoted. you know I dont believe in the bible at all, but I do remember something about the pharises condeming jc for eating and fellowshiping with prostituts and low lifes. his reply was that these are the ones that needed him. when I was younger I used to look at the org. as the most perfect group of people in the world. now I see them for what they really are. the ugly self centered self indulgent pharises of them all. I do now one thing if jc existed he will say to those in the socity get away from me I never knew you!!!!

• sf
    sf

kilroy,

My regards for your loss. And theirs. And his.

KILL WT LETHAL AND PAINFUL POLICIES THAT DESTROY SO MUCH GOOD IN PEOPLE!! Please! Someone.

sKally

• Sassy
    Sassy

How sad.. What happened to the statement let your yes mean yes. I don't understand this. They probably told this brother he would lose priviledges if he gave the talk. I know elders who were told they would lose their positions if they attended a wedding/reception of a sister marrying someone not yet baptised, as well as brothers who did get reprimanded from Brooklyn for having a memorial service in a KH for a sister who, although recently inactive but NOT doing anything wrong, had commit suicide.

So they will put the pressure on. Sorry to hear about your loss kilroy.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

(((Kilroy))) We all need love and compassion. Some understand how to show this and others don't. Another sad example of those who don't.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It's no wonder he liked drinking and getting away from that lot - a normal human response to alleviate the unpleasantness of such an unhealthy environment.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

I'm sorry for your loss kilroy. You are right; the JWs do pride themselves on being good, moral people. While they do have good morals, they do let it go to their heads, and I agree that if Jesus were here, he would have a few words with the Brooklyn brothers. Their arrogance and hypocrisy is sickening.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

thanks for the support. in this cong. as in most you have a po that rules the roost to the max. his way or the highway. Personally I would not want to have my or my families funerals in the hall. when my mother passed the most difficult thing was when an elder came to me and my brothers and asked what her fav. scripture was exct. I so badly wanted to tell them that she was just going to the hall for her father that was still alive, to please him. she had many doubts and we used to send each other new web pages from randy waters site. but for the sake of world peace I kept my mouth shut. not at all like me. I have the right to remain silent but usually not the ability. you all have been to a dubber funeral, you sit there thinking about the person that you lost and all the shit heads can talk about is you to can be a dubber the only thing left to do is pass out towers and asleeps.

• lovinglife
    lovinglife

I'm so sorry for your loss. I recently went to my Grandmother's funeral at a KH. The elder who presented it had known her and our family for many, many years. He started the first 3 minutes with her "brief history" of life and then went right into the set outline given for funerals. She was never a very active witness but was affiliated with JW's since the early 1950's and baptized in 1970's. I couldn't believe my ears...and I just about fell out of my chair when I heard the words "Would you please turn with me to such and such scripture..." and from behind me, a sea of flipping Bible pages was heard. Unbelievable! I though I was a kid again at a Thursday night meeting. The brother tried to make it a bit more "personable" by adding in her name when making points in his talk and that these were the things that she believed in but it pretty much sounded like just another talk; nothing more about her. Then they had a song from the songbook "Life Without End- At Last!" for everyone to sing...Ugh. I declined to sing...It was very impersonable...pretty much 3 minutes for her and the rest for the WT.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

km 3/97 p. 7 Question Box ***

What

about funerals for worldly people? If the deceased had a good reputation in the community, a brother might give a comforting Bible talk at the funeral home or graveside. The congregation will decline to handle a funeral for one who was known for immoral, unlawful conduct or whose life-style grossly conflicted with Bible principles. A brother certainly would not share with a clergyman in conducting an interfaith service nor in any funeral conducted in a church of Babylon the Great.

What

if the deceased was disfellowshipped? The congregation would generally not be involved. The Kingdom Hall would not be used. If the person had been giving evidence of repentance and manifesting a desire to be reinstated, a brother?s conscience might allow him to give a Bible talk at the funeral home or graveside, to give a witness to unbelievers and to comfort the relatives. Before making this decision, however, it would be wise for the brother to consult with the body of elders and give consideration to what they may recommend. In situations where it would not be wise for that brother to be involved, it may be appropriate for a brother who is a member of the deceased person?s family to give a talk to console the relatives.

Further direction can be found in the Watchtower issues of October 15, 1990, pages 30-1; September 15, 1981, page 31; March 15, 1980, pages 5-7; June 1, 1978, pages 5-8; June 1, 1977, pages 347-8; March 15, 1970, pages 191-2; and Awake! of September 8, 1990, pages 22-3 and March 22, 1977, pages 12-15.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................

I just thought I would quote the oracle

• Dansk
    Dansk

Kilroy2,

I, too, am extremely saddened over your loss and of the way the family has been treated. The last JW funeral I attended was a very moving affair for a lovely girl who died of cancer in her early 30s. The JWs still took advantage of the situation and positioned two brothers at a strategic point to distribute brochures to everyone leaving the funeral hall who wasn't a JW. One of the two was a regular pioneer who is a young pompous ass. His dad is an elder. You can bet your life he counted his time and placements.................

Dansk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit