What You Will Not Be Told At The Door By
the JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES
The Jehovah’s Witness (or Watchtower Bible and tract society) have made the following
predictions which appear in their own literature:
1. That Jesus would return by 1874. when Jesus failed to appear, the Witnesses claimed
that it was an unseen, spiritual return. (Watchtower, Feb. 1881, p 188).
2. That Jesus would return in 1914 with the Battle of Armageddon ending in October of
1914 (Zion’s Watchtower, Jan 15, 1892, p.21-23).
3. That with the end of 1914, what God calls Babylon, and what men call Christendom will
pass away. (Thy Kingdom Come, 1895, p.153).
4. When the prophecies of 1914 failed, the new date of 1918 was set for God’s wholesale
destruction of the church members by the millions. (Finished Mystery, 1917, p.485).
5. With the failure of this prophecy, a new date of 1925 was set. Therefore we may
confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob…”
(Millions Now Living, 1920, p.89-90).
6. With the expected arrival of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob “any day”, a house was built for them
in 1930 in San Diego, California and called “Beth Sarim” meaning “House of the Princes”.
By 1942 it was still “held in trust for the occupancy of those princes on their return”.
(The New World, 1942, p.104).
7. In 1941 they claimed that the world was nearing the end and facing “the remaining
months before Armageddon”. (Watchtower, Sep 15, 1941, 288).
8. The fall of 1975 was to mark the beginning of Christ’s 1000 year, literal visible reign
on earth. (Awake! Oct 8, 1968, p.14).
In March 1968, “there are only about ninety months left before 6000 years of man’s
existence on earth is completed”. (Kingdom Ministry, March 1968, p.4).
Dressing well, Sincerity and Zeal do not necessarily indicate the presence of TRUTH.