If there was a resurrection in paradise

by Sour Grapes 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

If nothing would survive from you after death (your spirit) and you are expecting to be resurrected on Watchtower's Paradise Earth, something similar to this movie could be happening to you. Image result for the sixth day

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

That same thing about resurrection bothered me, and the explanations that the WT provided never did it for me.

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

We are what are memories are. If God were to copy my total memories into the brain of another person and wipe out the person's own memories and make sure there were no mirrors around, the person would think that he would be me. So, I guess that I would not need to die to live again.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

A similar question was part of my waking up to TTAT. I was the only one of my immediate family who was still a JW, because my husband and children had all left the organization. If I was to be truly happy in paradise, wouldn't Jehovah have to erase all memory of them, so I wouldn't grieve their loss? If I couldn't remember being a wife and mother, just who would that be in paradise?

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

It would be easier for me to believe that when I die my spirit or soul goes to heaven. As one poster said, that would at least be a continuance of life. I am afraid though that when we die that is the end of the line. There is no evidence that not even one person has ever been resurrected unless you believe in the Bible as being 100% reliable.

• waton
    waton

only if humans were dramatically scaled down, could an open space, rural society exist on earth with billions of resurrected, and why bother the creator with the sordid details of all those lived lives? It is one thing to have to live with your own "flying off the handle" episodes, but the memory, ingrained personality traits of billions, and then to have the "books" and memory of their "new world" deeds opened? That is what I call carrying the burden of the sovereignty issue. not our problem.

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

https://youtu.be/7t104ddMNGM that explains it all

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Great video! Bad Wolf. Why would God clone billions of dead people who lived in the past 6,000 years? He has to clone them with all of their memories, habits, traits, and personalities or the clone won't be a good replication of the real dead person. Why not just kill everyone one off at Armageddon, except for the JW's of course, and create all new people who love God?

• steve2
    steve2

Why not just kill everyone one off at Armageddon, except for the JW's of course, and create all new people who love God?

The quest of every religious nutter humankind has ever known. In any other vocation, if anyone could have wiped out humanity and started again with "his" obedient and loyal people it would have been Joe Rutherford.

Thank god, Rutherford lived in a secular society that hammered down hard on religious nutters.

• venus
    venus
    Great comments Larry, VW.org, steve2, Sour Grapes
    What you say makes sense. God being the source of all souls would not go for the trouble of remembering everything each human being thought, said and did as to resurrect each one with the same personality. Such things go with soul and exist within soul. God needs to give only a new body and send the soul back to the new body. This He has already shown in a different way through the wonder called seed in which all the memories of future generation remain protected, which means seed is more than its physical form, and within it exists an invisible program which is more important than the visible container.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit