The end of an era ......

by snare&racket 28 Replies latest jw friends

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I heard they are going to put the sign back up at Warwick

• pontoon
    pontoon

I also heard the sign was going back up but I doubt that. The Corp does not want to be known as or be called "Watchtower" .....wouldn't be surprised if the sign ends up in one of their historical displays.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I’m very aware the cult exists in 2017.

The religion I grew up in has LONG GONE.

Thats the point

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Have to agree 100%.

I grew up in it in the 60s, became an elder in the 80s, but became disillusioned with it all in the years after 2000. Holy spirit led? Can't believe I didn't see through it before, more fool me!

The happy religion of my childhood years is long dead.

What's that lyric in the Billy Joel song "we didn't start the fire...."

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The king is dead, long live the king?

G.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" The religion I grew up in has LONG GONE."

Same for me, I grew up in it from the early '50's. I don't have any "rose coloured spectacles" view of the cult at that time or since. It was a cult, or more accurately a high control mind control group then, and still is.

It robbed me of my youth, of memories I should have, but don't, because those things never happened, Christmas and Birthdays being the least of it. It robbed me of a career and a good retirement.

The "religion" I left ten years or so ago, is long gone too ! Something I love to point out to JW's who hint at me "coming back", I say they must prove to me that the present day religion is the "truth". Strange, not one has attempted to do so.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

How right you are snare&racket about how much it has changed in the last few years. Born in 1954 I remember how I was told I would never go to school and then when I started I was told I would never graduate from high school. I graduated. Then when we had our first child in 1977 I was told he would never go to school then he did and he graduated. In 1982 the same thing was told about our youngest son and he graduated. Now with our grandchildren we have one who in the next few years will graduate.

I am now 63 years old been married for almost 44 years. I am now looking forward to graduating from life in the future. The big lie told to me as a child that I would not grow old and die was a false hope indeed. Yet the propaganda machine of the Wt. keeps going on. They may look different now but they are still destroying lifes in their wake. Still Totally ADD

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Do we have info of what happened to the sign "Brooklyn Tabernacle" which was atop the Hicks Street Property which was sold in 1918?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Watchtower

TWAT CHOWER !

Chow as in 'eat'! If you don't know what a twat is in British, pm me and i'll tell you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit