Would like to make new friends all over again

by CathyM38 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Hi Cathy,

Welcome to our "world" (the real one). This is a great way to meet good people and find others with a shared experience.

I used to be a 38 year old, divorcee with a 10 year old son. I met some one who was working in the same office building as me and we dated for 2 years. I think she is wonderful. Not only did she become a step-mom but was prepared to share her life with an ex-cult member and all my baggage.

Last September we were married. Depite the changes, the loss of some family relationships: Life is wonderful now!

I hope things work out well for you and we are glad to have you here.

Best wishes,

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• nojw86
    nojw86

Hi Cathy. I almost missed saying my welcome to the board, this is a great place to meet and find good people to talk to. Have fun with us.....nojw

• CathyM38
    CathyM38

Hi all my new friends! Sorry I have not posted in a bit. I was at my boyfriends over the weekend, then all day yesterday I could not get on to this site for some reason, it kept coming up ERROR. But when I did get on, it was so great to read all your responses and feel so welcomed again. I truly have not felt like I belonged anywhere for such a long time and you don't know how much I appreciate all of you and your friendship. Jang, I really am not good at joining things on my own as far as groups or organizations. I have been offered flyers for Parents Without Partners and things like that, but I am hesitant to go alone. So a good deal of weekends I have sat home moping all alone. But I realize that if my life's going to change I have to be the one to take the initiative and thats why I did a search on Jehovah's Witnesses and came up with this wonderful site, in an effort to find friends who have been through similar experiences, and I have NOT been disappointed. To me the Witnesses practice of shunning is just hurtful, not helpful as they intend it to be. How can it be an easy thing if you want to come back, especially if you are an outgoing, friendly person, and have to go to meetings A YEAR or more before they even think about accepting you back, all the while feeling like an outcast because no one will talk to you there. Such an extremely lonely existence. I love hearing from all of you, please feel free to write me and keep up the postings.
    Love,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit